The NEW Ruger LCP

Red Hat

First it was Sccy (formally known as Skyy) now Ruger has copied Kel-Tec's P3AT. Anything look familiar?? Even in the break down the parts look the same. The only problem I see is the 8 lb trigger pull. Even though...I want one! I guess it's another one that I'm having to wait for release from the manufacture.;)

rugerlcp.jpg

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Caliber: .380 Auto
Catalog Number: LCP
Capacity: 6+1
Barrel: 2.75'' Steel
Weight: 9.40 oz.
Overall Length: 5.16''
Overall Height: 3.6''
Overall Width: .820''
Trigger Pull Weight: 8 lbs.
Trigger Pull Length: .5''
Slide Finish: Blued
Slide Material: Through-Hardened Steel
Frame Material: High Performance Glass-Filled Nylon
Includes: Soft Case
One Magazine
External Locking Device
Instruction Manual
MSRP: $330.00
THE NEW RUGER® LCP™:
VISIT WWW.RUGER.COM/LCP/ FOR MORE INFORMATION

comparison.jpg

Ruger breakdown on the left.

Last edited:
The LCP is to ship in March,mine goes on order tomorrow. (GS closed Sun/Mon or it would already be on order).
I'v got 2 P3ATs that run just fine and have no intention of replacing them but I really want to try one of these. I do wish Ruger would have came up with their own design though. Word from a company employee is it is a copy not under license.

Last edited:
That will go really well with my new ALL black SR9 I just purchased today. Damn the 3 day wait! I can't get my CCW fast enough. Blah!

Thanks, burley. I removed it. I was looking for the other view and saw that one. I didn't even notice it was PS'd. I did notice the rail but it didn't click. That's what happens when you are in ahurry...:eek:;)

it will probably cost $399 !!

Kel-Tec should sue as in Glock v. Smith&Wesson (sigma)

I love Ruger. Thanks for the post. I wish they would make one between that size and the size if the new SR9. I would still probably stick with my p345 though. They need one about the size of the XD subcompact or baby Glock. Maybe they are working on it. Did I say I love Ruger.

Man am I glad to see Ruger make this! I've be toying with which one - Sccy, or Keltec, but now I think my mind is made up - I know Ruger quality - woo hoo!

Yeah... but .380?

I looked at CorBon to see what they have for this little puppy.

380 AUTO

80 GR. DPX

1050 FPS

196 FTLBS

Dang it, this darn thing is growing on me! :rolleyes:

I want one! Slide lock, improved ejector, rounded edges and real style, what other refinements did they make to the KT design? Time to retire my old S&W SW380 for a more stylish pocket pistol. :)

Yeah... but .380?

I looked at CorBon to see what they have for this little puppy.

380 AUTO

80 GR. DPX

1050 FPS

196 FTLBS

Dang it, this darn thing is growing on me! :rolleyes:

Way too often you will find me only carrying my P32 but even I know that .22, .25, .32, and .380 are all too weak to really count on when it matters.

Way too often you will find me only carrying my P32 but even I know that .22, .25, .32, and .380 are all too weak to really count on when it matters.

I totally agree but I'm reminded of times when I am not allowed to carry... like at work. This little gem would be super easy to carry and virtually invisible in my SmartCarry! :D

But if I do get one, I wouldn't be able to pick on anyone else for their "pip squeak" guns anymore! :p

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back