The new Indiana "plastic" License to Carry Handgun

Michael Ramsey

For those Indiana folks that haven't yet or don't know, you can get a new plastic permit. If you already have a paper permit, you can request a duplicate for just 20 bucks and the turn around is pretty fast. My duplicate took about 8 days from apply to receiving.

Apply for duplicate (or new) here - https://firearms.ariesportal.com/

If you're not from Indiana, yes they're pink, they don't have photo, and you can get a lifetime.

Link Removed

That's cool. Not so cool that they charge an extra $20 though. Kansas has plastic ones too. Hard to even tell the difference between them and your driver's license. Only difference is one says Driver's License and one says Concealed Carry Permit in the same place.

That's cool. Not so cool that they charge an extra $20 though. Kansas has plastic ones too. Hard to even tell the difference between them and your driver's license. Only difference is one says Driver's License and one says Concealed Carry Permit in the same place.

Arkansas permits are about like a DL also, they even use the same picture. Of course they're not lifetime permits.

Indiana used to (until Oct 1st) be printed on pink printer paper. Once you cut it out and laminate it, you find out it will not fit in any CC pocket

It's worth the 20 bucks for a license that fits in a regular CC slot

Here's the plastic laying over the old permit, you can see how much bigger it is

Link Removed

I got my Indiana permit in June. It's the pink paper one and the info that came with it suggested having it laminated, which I did for $1.00 at Kinko's. Cut it down to the size of a credit card and it fits fine inside my wallet. Sure not gonna pay $20 to have the gov't laminate it for me.:laugh:

Interesting - compared mine with the one you posted and the wording on mine is a little different and more squeezed together. They must have changed things a bit.

Interesting - compared mine with the one you posted and the wording on mine is a little different and more squeezed together. They must have changed things a bit.

That is a pic of the new one (upside down) on top of the older one. The new plastic is the same size as the paper one pior to laminating. That's just what it says on the back.

Hi:
I got my CC IN life time carry permit a couple of months ago. Aug or Sept 2014. It's the old one that's printed on pink paper and I had it laminated at Office Depot. I missed out on the new plastic permit by a few months. But it's nice to know that if I ever lose this one I can get a new one that's already laminated for $20. I think I had to pay $80 for the electronic finger print processing and sending the application into the State and then I had to pay another $50 at the Local Sheriffs Office before I could get my permit. I got my permit with in 7 days which was faster than I expected. I use the permit so that I can carry my pistol to and from the range right now. Before that I had to take out the magazine and use a lock on the pistol so that the slid was locked out of place and carry the ammo in the back of the truck. So now I can have my pistol loaded and in the front seat with me when I'm driving around.

I never really had a need for a pistol in all my 63 years but one never knows what the future may bring. I bought my pistol mainly for target practice and as a back up weapon for when I'm hunting in the field by myself. I have a heart condition and if I get into trouble and can't walk out of the woods right away I'll have a back up pistol to help protect me from varmints and the animals. I figured a pistol would be better for up close stuff. And in any case it doesn't hurt having a pistol in the house.

Laminate a small copy of the 2nd Amendment.

Keep and bear arms congers images of minute men marching, not socker moms hiding .357s in their purse.

Is it irrational to mirror 2nd ammendment to an additional status of concealed and regulate that?

I have no problem with the current CC system.

Keep and bear arms congers images of minute men marching, not socker moms hiding .357s in their purse.

Is it irrational to mirror 2nd ammendment to an additional status of concealed and regulate that?

I have no problem with the current CC system.

As long as you are happy with the chains setting upon you back...

Until then...
Link Removed

Is it chains or additional freedoms? Guess that depends on point of view.

I carry any way i wish, a pair of Glocks and lots of ammo. Did my great grandfathers have that ability?

I have it better than any previous generation and i see the foundation crumbling on many fronts. I do not see CC permits as a problem in the big pucture. The FBI lying about who killed Kennedy and the navy working to alter the body at the autopsy, that level of problems concerns me much more.

On 911 we have millions of people beliving airplanes hit dirt in one case and concrete in another case, and all plane parts turned to dust, no remains. My greatest problem is not a social tax in my pocket called a CC permit, it is a government out of control on big issues and the people wasting time not seeing the big picture, arguing over trivial stuff.

Lets fix the big issues, then the small things like permits will go away on their own.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back