The Myth of Over Lubrication

Ringo

A WATCHMAN

The Myth of Over Lubrication​

This vid might do more harm than good. I agree that over lubing a firearm will not affect it firing right then. It will over time. Perhaps the vid should have been about properly lubricating their firearms.

Interesting video, and personally I have to agree . I've been greasing my 1911 with Mobile #1 Synthetic Grease and oiling with Mobile #1 Synthetic Motor Oil for many years with zero malfunctions or wear. I've gone as long as six months carrying between lube jobs and after disassembling there was still no need to re-lube except that it's a wise thing to do.

Gun lubes are made for a specific function, to lube and protect the firearm. I cannot understand why you would spent hundreds of dollars on a quality firearm and then cheap out and not spend 5 or 10 bucks for a lube designed for firearms. How much of it are you going to use in a year anyway?

It's like grated, dried chilli peppers that you may shake on a slice of pizza in NYC.

You always had to ask Mohammed for the shaker because they keep it under the counter to prevent theft of the shaker.

So I bought my own in the spice section at Gristedes and put a little bit in a very small ziploc glassine baggie to have ready when I might need it.

And now that a large pie comes to about 24 bucks delivered, you have your own chilli 🌶 in case the 🕋 don't supply some on the side as you had requested.

Like a good jar of lube, sure, you buy it once and it lasts for years - concealed in your suit jacket pocket or open on the lazy susan in the castle's kitchen.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back