The McRibb of Sidearms

Eidolon

Alter Kocker

Let's get back to talking about actual guns

Can we no longer post an actual video?

Yeah, we can. I do it manually and don't use the buttons on the top, so I know what the codes are. When I hit the "Reply With Quote" link on your post where the link wasn't working for me, I looked at the bracketed codes to see why it wasn't working. I don't know how or why you got the URL bracketed codes in there, I just know they were there, and also know the link worked when I removed them in my reply. This is the code sequence I use to manually embed a vid, which may vary from how the forum software does it when you use the buttons above, not sure about that, but anyway, here ya go with the video you originally tried to embed (I guess?):

Open bracket omitted for example purposes - but you need it to start the code -
So, open bracket here >video=youtube;PShoOEUjlGg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PShoOEUjlGg&app=desktop[/video< and close bracket there. And here it is with open and close brackets where they're supposed to be:

Yeah, we can. I do it manually and don't use the buttons on the top, so I know what the codes are. When I hit the "Reply With Quote" link on your post where the link wasn't working for me, I looked at the bracketed codes to see why it wasn't working. I don't know how or why you got the URL bracketed codes in there, I just know they were there, and also know the link worked when I removed them in my reply. This is the code sequence I use to manually embed a vid, which may vary from how the forum software does it when you use the buttons above, not sure about that, but anyway, here ya go with the video you originally tried to embed (I guess?):
Open bracket omitted for example purposes - but you need it to start the code -
So, open bracket here >video=youtube;PShoOEUjlGg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PShoOEUjlGg&app=desktop[/video< and close bracket there. And here it is with open and close brackets where they're supposed to be:

Thank you

Now that we have the video up. I have to say I don't have too much experience with the XD series but I have seen people have issues with the grip safety. I don't carry weapons with safeties so I'm never going to own an XD

Now that we have the video up. I have to say I don't have too much experience with the XD series but I have seen people have issues with the grip safety. I don't carry weapons with safeties so I'm never going to own an XD
I don't bust on others people's firearms because they own them and so be it. I also don't buy Springfield for other wider 2A reasons. People like them I guess but I've never heard a rave about them, or a rant either for that matter.

Since I don't know this particular pistol very well, a few points stood out. The magazine lip issue seems to be an easy enough fix with aftermarket magazines. My Sig's magazine is tight enough that rapidly reloading a magazine would be a problem if I didn't train with it often. I knew that when I bought it and I am guessing that aftermarket magazines are a permanent fix on the XD. I only use OEM magazines and man, are they snug on the compact Sigs.

I hate grip safeties. Some people really like them. I think they're annoyingly redundant and I hear plenty from Glock haters all the time regarding AD's. I have a Glock too and I have never worried about it. Keep your booger hooks out of the trigger guard and you'll be fine. I've seen a ND pointed downrange with a loose grip. Ouch, and very lucky (and painful) for the shooter, and really lucky for bystanders. It only has to happen once and I think about it and the OTHER shooters on the line sometimes. It's why I am one to avoid public ranges.

There's a point in the video where John discussed a grip sear malfunction/failure and the fact that it completely disables the weapon. I understand completely why this is a huge deal if it is common after a certain number of rounds fired. The part I didn't understand was that the failure could/would leave a chambered stuck round and would need an armorer to fix it AND it would perhaps need to be mailed in that condition. Correct me if I'm wrong here but I'm 100% sure I would not mail any firearm with a round chambered regardless of how FUBAR I think the action is. Somebody tell me why that's a good idea.

Good video though if anyone is considering this pistol. I'm not sure if they've evolved past these issues since this was made. I won't be buying a Springfield anything anytime soon for other reasons.

The Place to Be

Interesting video. At first I was getting a bit annoyed with it and almost stopped watching because he seemed to be focusing on how few Law Enforcement Agencies issue it. Well, that has absolutely no bearing on how good a handgun is. Then he started in on how it was so much more likely to "puke". It was actually over 7 minutes into the video before he actually said anything about why he thinks it is a poor design.

As for the weak feed lips on the magazines, I agree that that can be addressed with after market magazines. As for the grip safety... not sure about that. I do prefer not to have one, but I have never had any problems on my 1911s, nor have I seen anything in any of the many revues on the XD line regarding this. In fact, every review or torture test I have ever seen on the XD line of pistols seem to indicate that they are very durable and reliable.

Since I have no experience with the XD line of handguns myself, I can not comment on them, but just based on what I saw in this video, I have to say that I do not think too much of John or the Active Self Protection Extra channel on YouTube. Doubt that I will bother looking at any more of their videos.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back