The last word on the Bathroom issue....what do you think?

Nadir Point

Intentional? Maybe not, Maybe so...

I think you have unintentionally made the point of this entire thread, we all want privacy and safety for our family members when they use restroom facilities anywhere.
And thank you for unintentionally pointing out how a small minority of biased paranoids is prejudiced against an entire class of people!

Reba

Sinner saved by grace
They aren't "women".
What's your point? I said I'd be uncomfortable with men in the ladies' room.

No, you don't, that's why everyone entering the restroom can see you. Not so with stalls.
That's exactly why I don't want men in the restroom. Also, that's why the restroom is closed off from the rest of the building--to keep restroom functions out of view from the rest of the structure.

NA

You have privacy while in the stall with the door closed. You do not have privacy anywhere else. All areas of the bathroom outside of a closed stall are public. As soon as you open your stall, you're back in public.
Only if your stall is out in the open. The restrooms I use always have the stalls within the restroom. The shower and dressing areas within a camping facility are within a restroom that has a door.

Men have their restrooms and women have their's. If anything, men's restrooms are usually not as busy, so there's no reason for a man to use the ladies' room. I see no justification for men to invade the privacy of women.

ken grant

And thank you for unintentionally pointing out how a small minority of biased paranoids is prejudiced against an entire class of people!

Just where do you get the fact that only a minority of people do not approve of mixed rest rooms , dressing rooms and showers ?

I saw on TV (don't remember where ) that Trans genders are .02 of 1% of the population.
So in order to appease them , others should give up their rights of privacy.

Reba

Sinner saved by grace
I'm sorry you weren't following the conversation.

Reba is conserned that her privacy would be violated if a male-to-femail trangender person were washing his hands at a sink next to her while she washes her hands.
I never said that. Please be accurate if you're referring to my posts. I said that I didn't want to see any men in the restroom.

Every part of a public restroom beyond a closed stall is public space, so privacy isn't violated.
A public women's restroom is open to a class of people (women) for the conduct of private functions, whether done in a stall or not. If a woman needs to fix a wardrobe malfunction in front of the mirror over the sink without a man standing behind her she should have that right.

I've washed my hands in public many times...at work, at parks, etc, and not once did I feel my privacy was being violated.
Good for you.

Urinals being considerably less private than stalls, a female-to-male Transgender person could stand near me and use a GoGirl and I would never know or care because I mind my own business.
If you can't tell the difference then of course you wouldn't care.

Blueshell

Banned
What's your point? I said I'd be uncomfortable with men in the ladies' room.
Then don't use it. It's not like you're entitled to a public restroom in the first place. Only employers are required to provide restrooms and then only to employees. Public restrooms are a courtesy, not a right. If you don't like being around lesbians, then don't use the public restroom. If you don't like being around handicapped, then don't use the public restroom.

That's exactly why I don't want men in the restroom.
When you tell people they have to use the restroom that matches their anatomy, you're telling women who look and act exactly like men to use the restroom you're in. If you don't like "men" in your restroom then why are you inviting women who look and act exactly like men to use the restroom you're in?

You're contradicting yourself.

Also, that's why the restroom is closed off from the rest of the building--to keep restroom functions out of view from the rest of the structure.
Yes, and it's still public.

Only if your stall is out in the open. The restrooms I use always have the stalls within the restroom. The shower and dressing areas within a camping facility are within a restroom that has a door.
Boy's locker room showers are open bays. Everyone showers in full view of everyone else. Also urinals are generally in full view of the whole restroom. I'm not seeing the problem you have with washing your hands near a man when I've grown up having to shower fully exposed to others.

Men have their restrooms and women have their's. If anything, men's restrooms are usually not as busy, so there's no reason for a man to use the ladies' room. I see no justification for men to invade the privacy of women.
Sidebar: men's rooms are as busy as women's, assuming the building has an equal share of both genders in the first place. You rarely see a line at the men's room because of penises. Men stand to pee. Men use urinals. We don't have to wait for a private stall, we don't have to drop our drawers. With all the complaining ladies have about lines I'm surprised no one's installed urinals and GoGirl vending machines in the women's restrooms yet.

And yes, I have personally seen women enter the men's room and use a urinal, with a GoGirl or slimier, just to avoid the line. Yes she got looks, but it was a Pink Floyd concert in Oakland, CA and no one really cared.

Blueshell

Banned
I said that I didn't want to see any men in the restroom.
Where's one of the "women" you want in the restroom with you:

Link Removed

Link Removed

People like you are going to tell Dowling he has to use the women's restroom because he was born female, BUT THEN people like you are going to see Dowling enter the women's restroom and beat him up, thinking he's a man.

You're making a real mess of things.

Blueshell

Banned
What a perfect forum for this thread to be in. Dowling, above, needs to carry a gun so that when a law is passed telling him he has to use the women's restroom because he has a vagina, he won't get murdered for obeying that law by the very people who wanted that law.

GryHounnd

Banned
What a perfect forum for this thread to be in. Dowling, above, needs to carry a gun so that when a law is passed telling him he has to use the women's restroom because he has a vagina, he won't get murdered for obeying that law by the very people who wanted that law.
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reba

Sinner saved by grace
Then don't use it. It's not like you're entitled to a public restroom in the first place.
If it's "public" then yes, I am entitled to use it.

Only employers are required to provide restrooms and then only to employees.
Those are called private restrooms.

Public restrooms are a courtesy, not a right. If you don't like being around lesbians, then don't use the public restroom. If you don't like being around handicapped, then don't use the public restroom.
I've never said that I don't like being around lesbians or handicapped people. Don't we have enough to discuss without making up stuff?

Truly "public" restrooms are paid for by the public--with our taxes--so as a taxpayer I'm definitely entitled to use them.

When you tell people they have to use the restroom that matches their anatomy, you're telling women who look and act exactly like men to use the restroom you're in. If you don't like "men" in your restroom then why are you inviting women who look and act exactly like men to use the restroom you're in in with you?
If they truly look and act like the opposite sex, then how is it their presence is being challenged? There's got to be more to the situation. Maybe their birth anatomy is more obvious than we're led to believe.

Yes, and it's still public.
Only if there's no wall separating it from the rest of the building or it has a big picture window in it.

Boy's locker room showers are open bays. Everyone showers in full view of everyone else. Also urinals are generally in full view of the whole restroom. I'm not seeing the problem you have with washing your hands near a man when I've grown up having to shower fully exposed to others.
Boys and girls showered together in the same open bay at your school?

What is this fixation with washing hands?

When I was in high school, the girls showered in open bays, too, but only with other girls.

Sidebar: men's rooms are as busy as women's, assuming the building has an equal share of both genders in the first place. You rarely see a line at the men's room because of penises. Men stand to pee. Men use urinals. We don't have to wait for a private stall, we don't have to drop our drawers. With all the complaining ladies have about lines I'm surprised no one's installed urinals and GoGirl vending machines in the women's restrooms yet.
Again, you've proven that you have no clue about what women do in restrooms, or any respect for their privacy or modesty.

I'm getting the feeling that I've been had--you can't be serious. :laugh:

Reba

Sinner saved by grace
. . .
People like you are going to tell Dowling he has to use the women's restroom because he was born female, BUT THEN people like you are going to see Dowling enter the women's restroom and beat him up, thinking he's a man.

You're making a real mess of things.
I never advocated beating up anyone for entering a restroom. Please don't make up stuff.

Blueshell

Banned
If it's "public" then yes, I am entitled to use it.
And no one is trying to stop you. Please feel free to use the restroom you feel is most appropriate. Others will do the same.

Truly "public" restrooms are paid for by the public--with our taxes--so as a taxpayer I'm definitely entitled to use them.
"Public" means publicly accessible, not publicly funded. There are many publicly funded restrooms you cannot access because they are for employees only.

If they truly look and act like the opposite sex, then how is it their presence is being challenged?
This all started in schools when a few teachers and students known to be of one sex, transitioned into another and began using the other gender's restrooms and locker rooms. People, mostly the religious, complained. Schools, not wanting to be sued, tried to pass various policies to appease the masses. The policies offended the transgendered people and their non-trans supporters, so the schools were sued anyway. It all ended up in court. It was a legal mess, a lawyer's wet dream, until last week Obama made an executive order on the topic. This is more or less just Christians refusing to deal with reality and trying to legislate their morals, as was the case with same-sex marriage which if you not the timing ended the same time the transgender issue began.

Meanwhile, all these people getting upset on both sides begin pressuring businesses to take a side. And that's how private businesses got involved.

People like you want to believe that this had to have started over some kind of indecent act by a transgender in a public restroom, but that's not so. It all started because 15 y/o Billy went on summer brake and came back 16 y/o Susan; and bitches started trippin.

What is this fixation with washing hands?
It's an example of something both genders do in their respective restrooms. Men won't relate to fixing makeup.

Again, you've proven that you have no clue about what women do in restrooms, or any respect for their privacy or modesty.
Because I don't use women's restrooms. I have, however, shared a bathroom with a wife for 13 years. I don't know what secrets you think you're keeping but if you thought any of that information is was relevant then you would have shared it.

XD40scinNC

What if a female has to wash her private parts for some reason?
Should she use the water in the commode inside the stall?

Dude., I hope I never see you washing your wanker at the sink.

If either of you feel the need, carry some of the per-moistened towelettes designed for this purpose, no junk washing at the sinks. (And dispose of them in the trash, they are NOT designed to be flushed)

Blueshell

Banned
Dude., I hope I never see you washing your wanker at the sink.

If either of you feel the need, carry some of the per-moistened towelettes designed for this purpose, no junk washing at the sinks. (And dispose of them in the trash, they are NOT designed to be flushed)
Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zyvaaprilia