The Journal News feels threatened.

pctech334

The Journal News is Armed and Dangerous | The Rockland County Times

It is apparently alright for the newspaper to publish the names of gun owners, but not alright for the gun owners to voice their opinion about it. The editor feels threatened. Pathetic.

So it is ok to publish information about gun owners, but if this draws negative feedback then we need to arm the Journal News so that they can feel safe. What a joke these people are.:mad: First they preach that gun owners are dangerous individuals but then they hire people with guns to protect them from those who acquire them legally and go through training to know how to handle them. How about they concentrate on the people who use guns illegally and stop harassing the law abiding citizens.

Putnam County Standing up for pistol owners.

"There is the rule of law, and there is right and wrong and the Journal News is clearly wrong," Sant said in a statement. "I could not live with myself if one Putnam pistol permit holder was put in harm's way, for the sole purpose of selling newspapers."

(Reuters) - Authorities in a suburban county north of New York City said on Tuesday they will refuse to release names of local gun permit holders to a newspaper that has been publishing the identities of thousands of license-holding residents.
Link Removed

mappow

There are and will be ramifications to the free exercise of your first amendment rights. THAT goes for all. Checks and balances usually keep ones mouth from over loading their backside. BUT for the Libs, in their little sick world, it's usually is a one way street. Glad to see reality has struck back.

Yarmar Yarmon

If you are a New Jersey resident and any NJ government agency has released firearms information about you, print this message and bring it a lawyer immediately! Your privacy rights, as ensured in N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1.1 and interpreted in the NJ Supreme Court case of Burnett v. County of Bergen, have been violated!

NJ administrative code 13:54-1.15, titled "Confidentiality of background investigations, permits, firearms identification cards, licenses, certifications, certificates, forms of register, registration statements and applications" says:

"Any background investigation conducted by the chief of police, the Superintendent or the county prosecutor, of any applicant for a permit, firearms identification card license, or registration, in accordance with the requirements of this chapter, is not a public record and shall not be disclosed to any person not authorized by law or this chapter to have access to such investigation, including the applicant. Any application for a permit, firearms identification card, or license, and any document reflecting the issuance or denial of such permit, firearms identification card, or license, and any permit, firearms identification card, license, certification, certificate, form of register, or registration statement, maintained by any State or municipal governmental agency, is not a public record and shall not be disclosed to any person not authorized by law or this chapter to have access to such documentation, including the applicant, except on the request of persons acting in their governmental capacities for purposes of the administration of justice"

E

ezkl2230

Did you happen to see the firearms being used by their armed guards?! The evil Bushmaster!!!

Link Removed

B

Bikenut

Typical hypocrisy of the anti gunner.... banning guns is a good thing to do for everyone except themselves.

r1derbike

Hmmm. I wonder if the subscription rates of this journalistic print effluent will be going-up? You know, because they feel they need protection. Yes indeed, hypocrisy applies to them as well. Who knew? Idiots.

2Awarrior

God I love this.
Plus, I am proud to report, the clerk's office here in Orange County has assured me that no such information will be released to the media.
And I'm telling you, I want the Putnam County clerk, Dennis Sant, to run for freakin GOVERNOR. That boy GETS IT!!

mmckee1952

Des Moines Register publishes gun-ban column advocating deadly violence against NRA, GOP leaders

Donald Kaul retired earlier this year. Now he has decided to return to writing occasional opinion columns for OtherWords.org. The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn. brought out all his ugliness.

In a column that appeared after the shooting with the headline "Kaul: Nation needs a new agenda on guns," he proposed a new liberal agenda: repeal the Second Amendment, declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal, and well, make violent threats to Republican leaders and NRA members. The Des Moines Register published this junk on December 29.

Read more: Des Moines Register publishes gun-ban column advocating deadly violence against NRA, GOP leaders | Fox News

mmckee1952

Gunfight: Newspaper's decision to out firearms owners sparks ongoing battle

Now it is the advertisers and readers of a New York newspaper who are caught in the crossfire, after its controversial decision to publish the names and addresses of gun owners in its community.

The initial story by the Westchester Journal News on Dec. 22 prompted a bitter backlash by gun advocates, who published the names and addresses of some of the newspaper’s staff. Since then, supporters and critics of the newspaper's controversial stand have been taking potshots at each other in a near-daily exchange that has drawn national attention.

Read more: Gunfight: Newspaper's decision to out firearms owners sparks ongoing battle | Fox News

E

ezkl2230

Michigan records are supposed to be protected, available only to LE. Still, I'm calling the county clerk's office tomorrow to be sure.

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with the Kent County, MI, clerk's office. The names and addresses of firearms owners/CPL holders are not public records in Michigan; the only information that can be released publicly relates to total numbers of firearms owners or CPL holders. Names and addresses cannot be obtained under FOIA requests.

2Awarrior

Des Moines Register publishes gun-ban column advocating deadly violence against NRA

...just a side note, but does it seem like a good idea to threaten "deadly violence" against a group called "the National Rifle Association"...? Yeah and, maybe after you're done you can go down to the state police barracks and smack THEM around a little...

Warrior1256

As I have said many times: When the antis say people shouldn't have guns they are refering to us, the unwashed rable. But if the elites of society (themselves) feel that they need guns that is perfectly understandable. Don't forget that Feinstein and Shumer both have concealed weapon permits.

E

ezkl2230

As I have said many times: When the antis say people shouldn't have guns they are refering to us, the unwashed rable. But if the elites of society (themselves) feel that they need guns that is perfectly understandable. Don't forget that Feinstein and Shumer both have concealed weapon permits.

Yeah - I particularly like that picture of Feinstein giving testimony while holding an AK w/drum mag with her finger on the trigger. Notice that there also is no yellow safety tag in the receiver indicating that no round is chambered. Have to wonder what she actually learned in her CPL class....

Link Removed

fuhr52

Is she in DC holding that weapon? Isn't that an illegal weapon and magazine? Why is she not in jail? Wait, Feinstein-democrat-progressive-liberal, good intention trump order of law. Never mind.

Itstjs

I due hope they are sued right out of business

I read somewhere there were several hundred civil cases filed against the Journal News, however, Im happy to see that there have been a large amount of cancellations of the subscriptions. When will the liberal presses learn? Maybe an interactive map of their homes should be put up with their specific addresses, names etc. I mean, freedom of information right? How safe would they feel?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForwardUntilDawn