The dumbest anti-gun stunt yet!

NavyLCDR

Providence program destroys children’s toy guns - The Boston Globe

Totally unbelievable, just when I thought I had seen everything. My daughter said when the government comes for her NERF guns, they will have to pry them from her cold, dead fingers!

At least the majority of comments express the sanity of recognizing the absurdity of such a waste-of-everything program.

creCarolina

Like the pic

funny how the little girl in the process of demolishing her kelly green toy gun has her finger on the trigger. I think maybe her act was not voluntary. (?):no:

kevin mosley

This is excellent. I think it's a grand idea.
We should train elementary school safety patrols in the use of radar guns to monitor kids riding their Big Wheels too fast; they could write the offenders tickets, and seize their lunch money!

Actually, I'm hoping to hear about a toy gun buy-back program.

CathyInBlue

Tool Maker
Note the tactics used by many of those in attendance... go buy a tiny, cheap, toy gun, and then go make a big production of its destruction for the purpose of obtaining one of those bigger gifts. This same thing happens when the cops pledge $50, $100, or $200 gift certificates in exchange for turned in guns in any condition, so people with trash guns not worth nearly as much as those gift certificates make out like bandits.

santa

santa
that attorney general will be getting a lump of coal in his christmas stocking this year along with recomendation he consider aquiring some common sense

Oldgrunt

Start with the children....

Have you noticed when the government wants to get really serious about changing any aspect of society, they start with the children? By brain-washing them at an early age, it is easier to accomplish whatever devious plan they have in mind. It doesn't happen overnight but, over a prolonged period of time. In this case, an anti-gun activity which is an insidious and not easily apparent manner of bringing about the restriction of gun ownership. Thankfully, there are parents out there who will see through this and teach their children properly.:no:

fuhr52

Typical progressive liberal tactic, incremental indoctrination. They've been using it for years and it works. They will take our freedoms little by little until they are gone and we will wake up one day and say, "wow, how did that happen"?

fuhr52

Progressive liberals have been using this tactic for years. Incremental indoctrination works. Little by little we get sucked in and one day our freedoms will be gone. We will wake up and wonder, how did that happen?

H

handgonnetoter

After seeing that, I do now believe that I am part of the most stupid species that has ever occupied the face of this planet.

HootmonSccy

"Malik Hall, a round-eyed second-grader, looked apprehensive as he stood in line with his favorite toy, a thick, blue gun with plastic sword underneath the muzzle. "

Can you say Bayonet?
You are a reporter, words are important!
It's probably NOT a "blue gun" but a "Blued Rifle" with attached "bayonet"...

The kid tried to hide it under his Pillow.. A child shall lead them.. He is a future NRA member for sure!! Especially when he sees he traded his favorite gun for a game of checkers.. He is probably in his room with a file right now converting the checker pieces into Ninga Stars

Next year when Mommy makes the little boy turn in his next toy gun, little Malik's going to be ready... Look hear Miss Maria, you seemed to be confused last year as to what a Sword is.. THIS is what a sword looks like as he pulls out the plastic sword he made from plastic recyclable bottles, and here is what I made out of the checkers you gave me last year, as he whips out his Ninja Stars...

You go Malik

See picture attached..

Treo

Bullet Proof
But, don't you understand? It's for the chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiildrennnnnnnnnnnnn

Rocketgeezer

Note the tactics used by many of those in attendance... go buy a tiny, cheap, toy gun, and then go make a big production of its destruction for the purpose of obtaining one of those bigger gifts. This same thing happens when the cops pledge $50, $100, or $200 gift certificates in exchange for turned in guns in any condition, so people with trash guns not worth nearly as much as those gift certificates make out like bandits.

We have seen this happen more than once, was going on every year here for a while till one of sellers after selling the cops 3 trash guns that were inoperable took the money and bought a good one and held up a drugstore, nice one, good job LEOs

Treo

Bullet Proof

I remember reading a thread on the old THR about two FFLs that went to a gun buy back in California somewhere with a bunch of old Lorcins worth 75$ or so they were first in line and broke the bank getting over 100$ a piece for their pistols

santa

santa
if people believe that gun buy back programs work , then i need to have mr. scott beam me up because there is no intelligent life down here.

BruceGAtl

Nice way to create more people that believe that a "Gun Free Zone" will
actually protect them from anything or anyone. :fie:

But then hey... isn't that the standard liberal political method...
if you can't do something REAL.. do something pointlessly ridiculous :sarcastic:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexander