The Desert Eagle Thread

Reverse that.

The Tangfolio is actually a clone of the CZ, not the other way around.

I'm convinced! It's time to add one of these to the safe.

How difficult are the compact 9mm polymer models to find? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Al

I'm convinced! It's time to add one of these to the safe.

How difficult are the compact 9mm polymer models to find? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Al

AFAIK and unless something has changed very recently, The "compact version" of the Baby Eagle only comes in .40 and not in 9mm. The .40 compact is the smallest of all the Baby Eagles. The 9mm Baby Eagle does come in a 4" barrel semi-compact while the .40 compact Baby Eagle can be had in a 3.5" barrel. :professor:

Last edited:
glad to see other desert eagle lovers here. it's been one of my favorite guns for quite a while. I just ordered a full size .40 in brushed chrome about 2 weeks ago. going to take a bit longer to get it though because of the finish... but I am willing to wait!! the first pistol I ever bought was a .40 baby eagle semi-compact in black. I sold it after a year or so though because the finish was already starting to wer off on the slide... which is why I ordered one in brushed chrome this time.

AFAIK and unless something has changed very recently, The "compact version" of the Baby Eagle only comes in .40 and not in 9mm. The .40 compact is the smallest of all the Baby Eagles. The 9mm Baby Eagle does come in a 4" barrel semi-compact while the .40 compact Baby Eagle can be had in a 3.5" barrel. :professor:

I have to correct myself on this one, I checked in at Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday to see if a 9mm version of the the compact is available and the answer is "YES" and it is in polmer too, at a seriously startling low price of $360.00!!!! And that was not a SALE price.

My problem with it is- the new look and feel. My all steel compact Baby Eagle .40 is much smaller. It is also my daily concealed carry. The new compact polymers have 3.5 inch barrels but the overall size of the pistol seems very bulky with the fat pistol grip and newl wider finish around the hammer. It was not really my cup of tea when compared to my all steel Jericho.

I just ordered a full size .40 in brushed chrome about 2 weeks ago. going to take a bit longer to get it though because of the finish... but I am willing to wait!!

I have been strongly considering powder coating my slide assy in a dark titanium finish. I have seen Desert Eagles in so many types of wild finishes- from camoflage to tiger stripes. I am not looking for anything quite that radical but I think a dark titanium would be really nice. I beleive I can send the slide back to Magnum Research to do the finish but I have a friend that does do professional powder coating and I was wondering if anybody could think if there would be any problems if I allowed him to do it for me.

Hey, D-Nutz! Where ya been? Missed ya...

In my opinion having him do the slide presents no problem, legally. No serial number? Not a gun.

OTOH, unless he knows what he's doing, you take a chance on him f'ing up the fit of the slide to the frame...powdercoating has mass and will alter the dimensions of the rails, etc., and probably render the slide useless.

Hey, D-Nutz! Where ya been? Missed ya...

In my opinion having him do the slide presents no problem, legally. No serial number? Not a gun.

OTOH, unless he knows what he's doing, you take a chance on him f'ing up the fit of the slide to the frame...powdercoating has mass and will alter the dimensions of the rails, etc., and probably render the slide useless.

Work'in Hard Brutha... I finally got a break this weekend to take care of me.

Thanks on the powder coat info. I am going to keep him off the rails in the powder coating process and have him stick to doing to just the outside areas.

D-Nutz? Thanks for your replies, and for your research.

I have NO idea why I want one. I just do.

Thanks again!

Al

My pleasure. You will not regret the ownership, I am fanatical about my own. It goes with me everywhere and am certain you will be as satified with yours.:icon_great:

I called Sportsman's Warehouse in Pennsylvania and their price is $566. I looked at your location and called a Sportsman's Warehouse in Oregon (Ben's) and their price is $469.

Which store did you call for a price? I can probably have them ship to a local gun shop here in PA.

Thanks!

Al

I have the Baby Eagle in .40S&W

I have a baby eagle and I love it! It is heavy and hard hitting. Those Israelis really know how to re-engineer a gun. To think they started with a CZ75 and made it better!!!!!:y:

still waiting for my baby eagle full size .40 in brushed chrome.. they said that magnum research is not shipping out any chrome guns until the summer though... so who knows.. I ordered it on march 14th.. man I don't know if I can wait!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back