The Country of Texas

HK4U

Subject::biggrin:

THE COUNTRY OF TEXAS
Please note that Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from
the Union . (Reference the Texas-American Annexation Treaty of 1848.)

We Texans love y'all, but we'll probably have to take action since B. Hussein Obama won the election.
We'll miss you too.
Here is what can happen:
#1: Barack Hussein Obama becomes President of the United States , Texas immediately secedes from the Union .
#2: George W. Bush will become the President of the Republic of Texas .
So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?
1. NASA is just south of Houston , Texas . We will control the space industry.
2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States .
3. Defense Industry--we have over 65% of it. The term "Don't mess with Texas ," will take on a whole new meaning.
4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.
5. Natural Gas - again we have all we need and it's too bad about those Northern States. John Kerry will have to figure out a way to keep them warm....
6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications--small companies like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Miconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.
7. Medical Care - We have the largest research centers for cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers. Dallas has some of the best hospitals in the United States .
8. We have enough colleges to keep us going: University of Texas , Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU,University of Houston , Baylor, UNT ( University of North Texas ), Texas Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the South anyway.
9. We have a ready supply of workers. We could just open the border when we need some more.
10. We have essential control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.
11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Department
of Public Safety and ask them to send over Chuck Norris and a couple of Texas Rangers.
12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and let's not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.
This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.
Now to the rest of the United States under President Obama:
Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Obama will be able to drive around in his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.
You won't have any TV as the Space Center in Houston will cut off satellite communications.
You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes, but since Mr. Obama has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas as long as you survive the 2000 years it will take to get enough heat from Global Warming.
Signed, The People of Texas
P.S. This is not a threatening letter - just a note to give you something to think about!
SLEEP WELL TONIGHT THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE UPON YOU!!
One Nation Under God

I will add that with the gulf of Mexico we have the needed warm water port.:biggrin:

Sorry, but this is an urban legend. However, it was originally given the option of being 5 states.
snopes.com: Texas Dividing into Five States
the exerpt is at the bottom, but I will copy it here.

-Another Texas-related legend holds that Texans negotiated an annexation treaty which reserved to them the right to secede from the union without the consent of the U.S. Congress, but the terms of Texas' annexation contain no such provision

All of the states prior to 1860 had the right to secede from the Union. When a group of states exercised that right, Abe got his feelings hurt, suspended Habeus Corpus, killed civilians, destroyed civilian property, and forced those states to submit to Federal rule. Our personal rights have been on a downward slide since then.

All of the states prior to 1860 had the right to secede from the Union. When a group of states exercised that right, Abe got his feelings hurt, suspended Habeus Corpus, killed civilians, destroyed civilian property, and forced those states to submit to Federal rule. Our personal rights have been on a downward slide since then.

very true, and personally, we should still have it, as without the states, the federal govt has no power. I was merely stating that there was no written agreement specific to Texas as stated in this urban legend

Doc,
I was agreeing with you; disagreeing with KK's opening statement. Texas is not the only state to have the right to secede, and they lost that right the same time the other states did.

And what a wonderful place it is

Can't agree with you there, from personal experience, if you don't speak spanish, you can't function well outside of the military bases. Texas and California are the reasons we need to enact an Official Language into law

Can't agree with you there, from personal experience, if you don't speak spanish, you can't function well outside of the military bases. Texas and California are the reasons we need to enact an Official Language into law

Not sure what part of Texas you were in but I have lived here all my life and I can't speak Spanish and I have never had a problem functioning.

Corpus Christi and Wichita Falls. what's worse, was when a cuban friend of mine (who is fluent) went there and complained about it. Said the Local dialect of Mexican spanish was too hard to understand and they use words that mean one thing in traditional spanish to mean something else

lived in texas for 2 years and had no problem with the language.. it was way too hot for me but I would gladly move back if it meant obama could not screw with me and my rights.

lived in texas for 2 years and had no problem with the language.. it was way too hot for me but I would gladly move back if it meant obama could not screw with me and my rights.

It is hotter than I like and I have lived here all my life. For me that is the only downside. If I were to move it would be to somewhere that has mountains and 4 distinct seasons. There are some mountains but Texas is so big you have to drive all day to get to them. It is as a whole a pretty right wing state, thank the Lord, although with the influx of a lot of liberals over the recent years there are areas that do have way to many of them. Austin in particular.

Around here we call it " The war of northern aggression "

I haven't had any issue when I go to DFW or Houston. Now CA is another issue. Can't argue that one since I-5 @ San Ysidro is more busy with Mexican pedestrian traffic than the Las Vegas Strip is on New Years Eve and this was over 15 years ago when I lived in San Diego.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back