The Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015

torontogunguy

Can someone please direct me to the actual legislation (House and Senate versions) of this so that I can read it? I am having a heck of a time finding the respective bills.... no problem with last year's though.

Think it is going to be tough to override the veto but one never knows. While I don't believe that this type of legislation should be necessary to enforce 2A, etc., I am moved to believe that it is going to be a necessary evil. I'd like to read the bills for myself instead of being spoonfed by the media.

As one who travels through the USA from state to state regularly I can certainly attest to the fact that it is a royal pain in the butt keeping up to date on where I may and may not carry, concealed or otherwise. I am often forced to travel through NY State, NYC, Illinois, NJ, etc., and have a real problem transporting my firearm(s) through these states, even with FOPA in place - I don't want to find myself defending a firearms charge with an "affirmative defense" instead of being treated as the 2A intended. As one who has had a loaded firearm stuck in my face MORE than once (and I don't mean to preach to the congregation here), I REALLY, REALLY appreciate that right and would like to see it reaffirmed and bolstered in any way possible. Only by the Grace of the Almighty did my family and I escape with our lives in both situations; one an armed home invasion, the other an armed attempted carjacking just outside of Disneyworld. And I can tell you that a .22 and a .50 pistol both look the same from the wrong end when pointing at your nose and with your family behind you. In both cases, LEO's arrived just in time to say goodbye to the perps. They simply cannot be everywhere all the time and response times with traffic, etc., are what they are. If you have not been in the situation, I can assure you that the right to carry concealed and knowing your surroundings become a HUGE issue in the aftermath. It has been almost three years since the last incident and I still lose sleep. The home invasion was thwarted by our dog, who barked at 3 a.m. In hindsight, even our Class A alarm system in the home would not have given sufficient warning as these guys would have been on us before having a chance to take arms. Like I say, only by the Grace of the Almighty...

Thanks very much in advance, especially if it is already posted somewhere on here.

Seems some people just jump in and start another thread without reading what's already been posted. Like alexanda45 says, it's already been posted 4-5 times. Enough is enough and too much is overdoing it.

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are at LEAST 5 other posts on this tired subject.....

Yes, I know. I apologized sorta in my post if the answer had been already posted. Frankly, I am going to have another look as I did not see the reference to the text of the senate bill that has just been proposed anywhere. On further investigation, I gather that the text of the Act can take several days to appear online. The HOUSE version of the bill is already available for scrutiny. I had hoped that someone might have a reference to the senate version or any updated/modified versions.

Will just have to wait unless I can find the senate version that was just proposed. Is the senate bill online here or any reference to the text? If so, I apologize again profusely and will try to find it.

Seems some people just jump in and start another thread without reading what's already been posted. Like alexanda45 says, it's already been posted 4-5 times. Enough is enough and too much is overdoing it.

Sorry. For the life of me I cannot find the text of S.498 introduced on the floor of the Senate by Senator John Cornyn of Texas (R) on February 12, 2015. If I am missing something here I apologize profusely.

The reason that I ask is that time and again I see these bills put forth with the best of intentions, only to be hacked away at as they make their journey through Congress until they only vaguely represent what was intended by the original proposer. Not that I am going to be able to do much about it. FLORIDA, for example, had a firearms related bill put forth a few years back and with a simple change of ONE WORD as it made its journey, the intent of the bill was kept but the bill was watered down to the n'th. degree. Changing "OR" to "AND" did the trick.

Again, no reason to jump down someone's throat. I am not a dummy and if it were posted on here I would have found it I think. THAT is why I made my post... I could not find S.498 and was simply anxious to see what the text of THAT version of the proposal looked like. Thought maybe someone on here might have a headsup on the text of that bill... certainly did not expect to be jumped all over. If I missed it I apologize.... please show me where it is. If it is not on here, or if I crossed someone's tolerance and anger line, apologies again.

I am beginning to remember why don't spend much time on this forum.

Sorry. For the life of me I cannot find the text of S.498 introduced on the floor of the Senate by Senator John Cornyn of Texas (R) on February 12, 2015. If I am missing something here I apologize profusely.

Again, no reason to jump down someone's throat. I am not a dummy and if it were posted on here I would have found it I think. THAT is why I made my post... I could not find S.498 and was simply anxious to see what the text of THAT version of the proposal looked like. Thought maybe someone on here might have a headsup on the text of that bill... certainly did not expect to be jumped all over. If I missed it I apologize.... please show me where it is. If it is not on here, or if I crossed someone's tolerance and anger line, apologies again.

I am beginning to remember why don't spend much time on this forum.

The point people were trying to make to you was that you could simply ask your question in one of the other 4 or 5 threads already going that you obviously read and didn't find the answer to. Is there some reason you couldn't ask your question in an existing thread? You might not be a dummy, but you are acting like an attention seeker (and that is the kind word).

No way in hell that law will be passed and if it IS.....

The second revolution begins..

I will NEVER, EVER trust the elected royalty with MY rights!

You don't seem to get it though as your motivations are purely selfish.
I moved to Vermont because it represents the closest form of freedom that can still be found in this country, for me.
Don't like how you are treated by your elected royalty?
Move!
Don't try to sell out my rights because you lick the boot that presses down on your neck..

You just have to dig a little deeper...

Link Removed

and GovTrack.us... https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/s498

By Mr. CORNYN (for himself, Mr. MANCHIN, Mr. THUNE, Mr. VITTER, Mr. GRASSLEY, Mr. HATCH, Mr. BURR, Mr. COCHRAN, Mr. WICKER, Mr. ISAKSON, Mr. BOOZMAN, Mr. BARRASSO, Mr. MORAN, Mr. CRAPO, Mr. RISCH, Mrs. FISCHER, and Mr. DAINES):

S. 498. A bill to allow reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms; to the Committee on the Judiciary.

Mr. CORNYN. Mr. President, I ask unanimous consent that the text of the bill be printed in the RECORD.

There being no objection, the text of the bill was ordered to be printed in the RECORD, as follows:

S. 498

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

[Page: S990] GPO's PDF

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the ``Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015''.

SEC. 2. RECIPROCITY FOR THE CARRYING OF CERTAIN CONCEALED FIREARMS.

(a) In General.--Chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after section 926C the following:``§926D. Reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms

``(a) In General.--Notwithstanding any provision of the law of any State or political subdivision thereof to the contrary--

``(1) an individual who is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm, and who is carrying a government-issued photographic identification document and a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the individual to carry a concealed firearm, may possess or carry a concealed handgun (other than a machinegun or destructive device) that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce in any State other than the State of residence of the individual that--

``(A) has a statute that allows residents of the State to obtain licenses or permits to carry concealed firearms; or

``(B) does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms by residents of the State for lawful purposes; and

``(2) an individual who is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm, and who is carrying a government-issued photographic identification document and is entitled and not prohibited from carrying a concealed firearm in the State in which the individual resides otherwise than as described in paragraph (1), may possess or carry a concealed handgun (other than a machinegun or destructive device) that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce in any State other than the State of residence of the individual that--

``(A) has a statute that allows residents of the State to obtain licenses or permits to carry concealed firearms; or

``(B) does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms by residents of the State for lawful purposes.

``(b) Conditions and Limitations.--The possession or carrying of a concealed handgun in a State under this section shall be subject to the same conditions and limitations, except as to eligibility to possess or carry, imposed by or under Federal or State law or the law of a political subdivision of a State, that apply to the possession or carrying of a concealed handgun by residents of the State or political subdivision who are licensed by the State or political subdivision to do so, or not prohibited by the State from doing so.

``(c) Unrestricted License or Permit.--In a State that allows the issuing authority for licenses or permits to carry concealed firearms to impose restrictions on the carrying of firearms by individual holders of such licenses or permits, an individual carrying a concealed handgun under this section shall be permitted to carry a concealed handgun according to the same terms authorized by an unrestricted license of or permit issued to a resident of the State.

``(d) Rule of Construction.--Nothing in this section shall be construed to preempt any provision of State law with respect to the issuance of licenses or permits to carry concealed firearms.''.

(b) Clerical Amendment.--The table of sections for chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after the item relating to section 926C the following:

``926D. Reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms.''.

(c) Severability.--Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act, if any provision of this Act, or any amendment made by this Act, or the application of such provision or amendment to any person or circumstance is held to be unconstitutional, this Act and amendments made by this Act and the application of such provision or amendment to other persons or circumstances shall not be affected thereby.

(d) Effective Date.--The amendments made by this Act shall take effect 90 days after the date of enactment of this Act.

Last edited:
All I needed to see was the section titled "the reciprocity of CERTAIN concealed" guns...

Who the hell do you think is going to be the one that CLARIFIES the "certain weapons" they're talking about?
You?
Me?

Hell no! It'll be pelosie , frankenstien and billery who will approve the choices....

AKA: the Feds will have their fat, greasy little pork rind fingers all up in it.
No thanks guys! I'll handle my Rights myself thank you.

Link Removed

Why doesn't a freedom and Constitutional loving congressperson submit a bill that requires the states to honor the Constitution, specifically the second amendment?

I can dream, can't I?

Why doesn't a freedom and Constitutional loving congressperson submit a bill that requires the states to honor the Constitution, specifically the second amendment?

I can dream, can't I?

The Federal government would have to honor the Constitution first, which it is not.

"Well, first of all you have the US Constitution , with the 2nd Amendment. Then you have the US Supreme Court that has "interpreted" it so we the "sheeple" can understand it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back