The Beast is coming...!!

Ektarr

Dedicated Infidel
Link Removed

These amnesty and biometric national ID proposals are dangerous for a lot of reasons. And this battle is a crucial one. The Social Security cards will quickly go from being required to work — which is bad enough itself — to being needed for everything imaginable, from health care to everyday purchases.

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. Rev 13:16-18 KJV

Bighouse Doc

Didn't they say this about fingerprints a long time ago?

More recently, when the Bar-Code was invented, the same crowd screamed "Mark -of-the-Beast."

I suspect they missed it when retinal scans were invented. Maybe it was above a certain IQ to understand.

I suppose credit cards with one's photo on the front mean armageddon too:wacko:

I don't like central government ID either, but this "Mark -of-the-Beast" stuff makes us in the RKBA struggle all look like idiots!

-Doc

Ektarr

Dedicated Infidel
Did you read the article, Doc, or are you just shooting from the hip? If you read it, did you see the part that said:
The national ID cards would include a "unique biometric identifier," according to Graham and Schumer. Some of the likely candidates include finger prints, retinal scans, or even the layout of a person’s veins in the top of their hand.
Finger prints, retinal scans and similar identifying techniques don't require marks, implants or other biotech intrusions of the body.

In the end, you may be right. In the end, you maybe wrong! But if you're wrong, you're going to be a hellova lot unhappier than those who will choose not to participate, regardless of the cost. Personally, I'd rather not play this game...include me out. I'll take my chances with the black market, or the underground economy, or whatever happens to crop up to oppose this effort.

You roll the dice...see how you do. I'll do the same. Eventually one or the other of us is going to succumb to Ektarr's Law:

"Everybody's allowed to piss on their own shoes."​

Bighouse Doc

Biometric ID dates from 14th century China. Finger/footprints were used on children.

Fingerprints have been required in many nations for decades. Why is it that the US requiring it make it armageddon? If biometric ID were the case, the biblical beast would have emerged decades ago.

Last time I read Revelation, it didn't specify anything about the Beast coming out of the USA. Did you?

-Doc

HK4U

Biometric ID dates from 14th century China. Finger/footprints were used on children.

Fingerprints have been required in many nations for decades. Why is it that the US requiring it make it armageddon? If biometric ID were the case, the biblical beast would have emerged decades ago.

Last time I read Revelation, it didn't specify anything about the Beast coming out of the USA. Did you?

-Doc

It is not real clear where he will come from. Some think Rome for various reasons others the middle east. So no it did not say USA but seeing as how when it was written there was no USA then I will have to say it did not say he would not either.

This is not 6 6 6

biblethumper.jpg

the bible has nothing to do with this.:hang3:

AvidshooterTX

-Doc

Where will the anti-Christ come from? I'll bet he will be someone who can't produce a birth certificate and nobody remembers going to school with him. He'll probably be of Muslim descent and he will most certainly be a good speaker.

HK4U

Where will the anti-Christ come from? I'll bet he will be someone who can't produce a birth certificate and nobody remembers going to school with him. He'll probably be of Muslim descent and he will most certainly be a good speaker.

Got anyone particular in mind?:biggrin:

Piece Corps

Call it what you want, but when this ID card comes out, it will eventually be needed to pay for everything. The government will be able to track your grocery bills, your gas fill-ups, your doctor visits, your shopping at the mall, and possibly track you where-ever you go.

If you want the government to have that kind of power, you're one brick short of a load. Imagine the government having all of your credit card info. Now multiply that by 100.

Big Brother can go to hell!

Scarecrow

well wouldn't that just beat all??... cause I swear that sounds like some one I've heard of recently...

Ektarr

Dedicated Infidel
biblethumper.jpg

the bible has nothing to do with this.:hang3:
Your condescension doesn't bother me because it doesn't apply to me. I'm the farthest thing you'll ever meet from a Bible Thumper, as you so eloquently and respectfully phrase it, but I'm not an ignorant turd, either. When a book...any book...prognosticates about coming events, thousands of years in the future, and I subsequently see images of those predictions effectively materializing before my eyes, I believe it's something to pay attention to. While some might consider that "Bible Thumping", others might view what you do as Ostrich-like behavior. Who's to say? In the end, we'll meet back here in a few years and see what Reality wrought.

dootman

Didn't they say this about fingerprints a long time ago?

More recently, when the Bar-Code was invented, the same crowd screamed "Mark -of-the-Beast."

I suspect they missed it when retinal scans were invented. Maybe it was above a certain IQ to understand.

I suppose credit cards with one's photo on the front mean armageddon too:wacko:

I don't like central government ID either, but this "Mark -of-the-Beast" stuff makes us in the RKBA struggle all look like idiots!

-Doc

Both the bible and the mark of the beast are very real. Matthew 24,verse36 states: " But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no not the angels of heaven, but my Father only". It's going to happen. I don't understand how anyone can look around themselves and see what is happening today, and not believe the bible.

BIBLE THUMPER's

IMO,
The nemesis of normal people everywhere: the Bible Thumper. Well-versed (no pun intended, I think; or if you think it’s clever enough, then why the hell not…) in the parts they like of the Holy Bible, these do-gooders scour the world clean of any offensiveness, intended or not.

“Do-gooders” is actually a misnomer. These people tend to be more self-interested than many of the people they despise. They have somehow turned their knowledge of good and evil into a holier-than-thou weapon, to be wielded at the slightest provocation.

Someone said, “The eyes are the window to the soul.” (I think it was Malcolm X.) In the case of these freaks, their eyes are the window to your soul, every deep black sinful inch of it. You may come across one in their native habitat (church entryway, Bible bookstore, abortion protest) and even find them personable and cheery.

But step across that line inadvertently (and unless you’re a complete a$$hle, it will happen and it will be inadvertent) and the gates of holy judgement will slam shut, sealing you out and packing you neatly away into the overcrowded “Sinner” compartment. Once you’re in there, there is no coming back out, no matter how persuasive your arguments. YOU. ARE. WRONG.

Fortunately, these “Godlike” people tend to be human beings, and as such are hypocritical, deceitful, misguided and petty as any of us. Perhaps more so, since they suffer the delusion of being “chosen by God,” something that doesn’t hamstring the rest of us.

They also make lousy employees.:yu:

Ektarr

Dedicated Infidel
You're an interesting guy, Ice. What you provide here is another non sequitur (which also has more than a tinge of resentment flavor to it). You do the "non sequitur" thing a lot, it seems...you did the same with the "Statue of Liberty" thread. What's up with that?

I would be curious to know the difference between what you describe as a 'Bible Thumper', and what you're doing here, which is acting the role of an "Anti-Bible Thumper", putting down a whole category of people simply because of their spiritual beliefs. Isn't that what you're offering, too, from the other perspective?

As for your comment...
Fortunately, these “Godlike” people tend to be human beings, and as such are hypocritical, deceitful, misguided and petty as any of us. Perhaps more so, since they suffer the delusion of being “chosen by God,” something that doesn’t hamstring the rest of us.

You remind me of another of Ektarr's Laws, specifically: "People judge other people by themselves."

Maybe, Biblically speaking, you should address the mote in your own eye first.

----------------------------------

P.S. Look to the Bible for your "Eyes" quote...not Malcolm X.
Luke 11:34 "The eye is the lamp of your body; when your eye is clear, your whole body also is full of light; but when it is bad, your body also is full of darkness.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txshooter308