That was quick!!

JG4660

:pleasantry:It looks like Florida really ramped up. I sent my non-resident application in on 10/28, my check was cashed on 11/9 and the permit was in my mailbox today....25 days mailbox to mailbox.

JG

Yes, they really move fast. I mailed my nonresident in on 11/5 and received it on 12/3.

backlog is gone

It sure was quick for me. Mailed my non-resident application on Nov 23, 2009 and received my permit today Dec 17, 2009. I'm glad it came as I'm heading to Florida for Christmas at my folk's and there are several states in between that the Florida permit will work for that my Kansas permit won't. I took a gamble on getting the Florida permit back in time and won!

However, my poor wife's fingerprints failed. The contacted her earlier this week by mail with the news. She went to a different police department for the second attempt. The officer who has been fingerprinting for 30 years couldn't get a good set off of her. So he sent her to a third department which had a electronic print machine. It wouldn't work either. That department then gave her a notarized letter stating the several attempts and in-ability to gather the needed information. She sent the letter and the second print card back, so it will be a few more weeks for her. The Florida materials states that they have to attempt the finger printing twice and then can issue a permit without prints.

I guess this means I'll have to carry her gun in the states she can't. At least it isn't pink!!!!!!!!!

It sure was quick for me. Mailed my non-resident application on Nov 23, 2009 and received my permit today Dec 17, 2009. I'm glad it came as I'm heading to Florida for Christmas at my folk's and there are several states in between that the Florida permit will work for that my Kansas permit won't. I took a gamble on getting the Florida permit back in time and won!

However, my poor wife's fingerprints failed. The contacted her earlier this week by mail with the news. She went to a different police department for the second attempt. The officer who has been fingerprinting for 30 years couldn't get a good set off of her. So he sent her to a third department which had a electronic print machine. It wouldn't work either. That department then gave her a notarized letter stating the several attempts and in-ability to gather the needed information. She sent the letter and the second print card back, so it will be a few more weeks for her. The Florida materials states that they have to attempt the finger printing twice and then can issue a permit without prints.

I guess this means I'll have to carry her gun in the states she can't. At least it isn't pink!!!!!!!!!

Since you'll be in FL anyway....look stopping in and letting FL try the prints...

The carefully practiced art of fingerprint removal ...

nailfile.jpg

Enjoy Florida and Welcome!

Yes they are fast I sent my renewal in it was overnighted on 12/7/09 and I recieved my new license back on 12/23/09 just 16 days later. WOW

:pleasantry:It looks like Florida really ramped up. I sent my non-resident application in on 10/28, my check was cashed on 11/9 and the permit was in my mailbox today....25 days mailbox to mailbox.

JG

WOW!! 14 days from the day they received my renewal form untill I had the new one in my hands!!:pleasantry: (Sent delivery confirmation)

arrived after 2nd fingerprinting failed

The wife's second submission of bad fingerprints included a letter from the LE stating they tried but couldn't get a good set. With the holidays, she got her second submission processed in about 3 weeks. The permit arrived Jan 15th. They can only request you try twice, then they have to issue.

For those wanting to apply for the FL license, moisturize your hands early in the day or at least two hours before having your fingerprinting done so that you won't have problems with your data later on. I think they said that moisturizing your hands brings out the best prints.

Also for those who are not yet citizens of this country, always include all photocopy of CCW and Basic Pistol courses and a clear photocopy of your green card (photocopy it three times if you want/can) PLUS photocopy of proof of residency for three continuous months at least...this means a bill, in your own name, e.g., credit card bill or services bills to your house or residence in your own name...+ whatever else you can think of that may be required of you to prove you intend to stay here in this country that is why you need a permit to carry.

Hope this helps...

JG

Just got mine yesterday 16 days including 3 days for a letter from them requesting additional info and this was over Christmas and New Years. Very fine folks to deal with!

Congrats!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back