That Awkward Moment When You Get Your Ass Beat AND Your Gun Stolen.

Eidolon

Alter Kocker
Police: Suspect arrested after assaulting man, stealing his gun | FOX21News.com

Long story short, the "victim" is riding his scooter (illegally) on the sidewalk when he sees a vagrant laying on the side walk. Instead of driving around the guy our hero starts an altercation with him and demands he get off the sidewalk. The vagrant threatens our hero who then displays his OC firearm. Where upon the vagrant administers an educational beat down and steals our hero's (I'll call him Navy-Blues) gun.

Lessons learned (hopefully)

1. Not everyone out there stands in awe of your mighty boom stick.
1A. You ain't the first person to point a gun at some of these people

2.If you choose to open carry, you need a real retention holster and you need to know how to defend yourself WHEN some dumbass tries to take your gun off you.

Well, Mr. Eidolon... where in the article does it say that Mr. "Navy-Blues" was open carrying prior to the incident? The article states, "the victim pointed out his gun, which was holstered on his hip." The "victim" could just as easily have pointed out the gun holstered on his hip by raising his shirt up to uncover the previously concealed firearm. Maybe we should call you Mr. ASSumption.

And this article:
Pistol-packing scooter driver assaulted, his firearm stolen, police say

which quotes the actual police blotter Link Removed states, "The suspect threatened to punch the victim who then displayed his firearm on his hip in the holster." That sounds more like the gun was revealed - displayed - from concealment rather than open carried to begin with.

And this article:
Link Removed

states, "who revealed that he had a gun in a holster on his hip."

Now, I suppose you could say that after the "victim" revealed the gun, he was then open carrying. But, personally, it looks more like this was a case of a dumba$$ concealed carrier that didn't when/how to use his previously concealed firearm properly and also didn't know that when carrying a firearm your goal is to avoid altercations - not encourage them. So much for that "element of surprise" that so many concealed carriers like to blather on about. "Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman."

Well, Mr. Eidolon... where in the article does it say that Mr. "Navy-Blues" was open carrying prior to the incident? The article states, "the victim pointed out his gun, which was holstered on his hip." The "victim" could just as easily have pointed out the gun holstered on his hip by raising his shirt up to uncover the previously concealed firearm. Maybe we should call you Mr. ASSumption.

And this article:
Pistol-packing scooter driver assaulted, his firearm stolen, police say

which quotes the actual police blotter Link Removed states, "The suspect threatened to punch the victim who then displayed his firearm on his hip in the holster." That sounds more like the gun was revealed - displayed - from concealment rather than open carried to begin with.

And this article:
Link Removed

states, "who revealed that he had a gun in a holster on his hip."

Now, I suppose you could say that after the "victim" revealed the gun, he was then open carrying. But, personally, it looks more like this was a case of a dumba$$ concealed carrier that didn't when/how to use his previously concealed firearm properly and also didn't know that when carrying a firearm your goal is to avoid altercations - not encourage them. So much for that "element of surprise" that so many concealed carriers like to blather on about. "Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman."

Damn John you seem pissy today. You alright?

First, in this day and age, open carry is just plain provocative, arrogant, and STUPID! Second, never use your EDC to threaten anyone. Where I live lots and lots of other people also have sidearms; some are legally carried, and some are not. Showing anyone a gun that you are not fully ready and committed to use is also just plain STUPID. In fact it can get you killed!

This ain't the Wild West, and there are no more cowboys. In the world I live in, today, nobody is going to know I have a gun until I actually draw it, and I won't draw it until I am fully ready to use it.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back