Texas just enacted Castle Doctrine

texas 48

As of September 1 Texas Castle Doctrine/Stand Your ground law took effect. I am curious to see what DA's across the state disregard this law. I have also talked with several LEO's that were not aware of the changes to the Texas Penal code. I suppose we will have to wait and see.:confused:

I don't see a need for LEOs to necessarily be familiar with this law. However, I would hope that they are aware of the new rules on carrying concealed in an automobile (without a permit).

I am certainly glad it was voted in before the Clinton, the one that always had the biggest balls, gets voted in as the next Comanderess in Chief. If it were up to her and the others in her ring of idiots, we will be defending ourselves with clubs and slingshots.

I certainly hope that the LEO's do take the time to read and understand the reason for the Castle Doctrine, especially the ones who are against Concealed Carry by honest, law abiding citizens. I have encountered one such LEO, in a general traffic stop, to make me aware I had a taillight out. When I presented him my CHL & DL as required, I told him I was carrying. He looked at me, paused and asked If I felt that my life was in immediate danger, he also asked if I thought he was incapable of protecting my life. I asked him if he was going to be with me 24/7, 365, because if not, he would not be able to protect me. He admitted that he could not be everywhere all the time and that they were very understaffed. I then said, "and that is exactly why I choose to carry to defend my life and the life of my family and /or friends". He just gave me the CHL and DL back, told me to get the taillight fixed asap and got in his cruiser and waited for me to drive off. Of the three traffic stops in the five years I have had my CHL, he is the only one against the CHL I have run across.

tex45acp

Last edited:
If it were up to her and the others in her ring of idiots, we will be defending ourselves with clubs and slingshots.

tex45acp

Course there would have to be length limits on clubs and registration of slingshots. Sorry just couldn't pass up that line...;)

tex45acp,
He may be a huge supporter and you encountered a quiz the man thought up on the fly. Maybe he knows to many folks who carry for the wrong reasons. Wrong answer may have turned out the same after 10 minutes of minor shooting the breeze.

I I asked him if he was going to be with me 24/7, 365, because if not, he would not be able to protect me. He admitted that he could not be everywhere all the time and that they were very understaffed. I then said, "and that is exactly why I choose to carry to defend my life and the life of my family and /or friends". He just gave me the CHL and DL back, told me to get the taillight fixed asap and got in his cruiser and waited for me to drive off. Of the three traffic stops in the five years I have had my CHL, he is the only one against the CHL I have run across.

tex45acp

Good Answer! Here are some statistics and my rational. From 2005 Department of Justice.

"According to the US Dept. of Justice in 2005 71% of all 911 calls for violent crimes, police response time exceeded 6 minutes. 28% 6 to 10 minutes, 34% of that total 11 minutes to 1 hour, 3% within 24 hrs, 2% of the total exceeded 24 hours" and its slowing down. That's why I carry a gun. 6 minutes is a long time to stall a BG with bad intentions and there is no time to make the 911 call.

Congrats on getting your C.D. passed!

We just recently got our 'limited' C.D. passed, ourselves. Its 'in your home or vehicle only' - we were pushing for 'anywhere you have a legal right to be', but it didn't happen. Oh well, its alot better than what we had before - being required to try to flee your home if its invaded before defending yourself is an uneasy way to have to go to sleep every night.

Did you all get a full-featured one, or is it like ours?

Congrats on getting your C.D. passed!

We just recently got our 'limited' C.D. passed, ourselves. Its 'in your home or vehicle only' - we were pushing for 'anywhere you have a legal right to be', but it didn't happen. Oh well, its alot better than what we had before - being required to try to flee your home if its invaded before defending yourself is an uneasy way to have to go to sleep every night.

Did you all get a full-featured one, or is it like ours?

Its a complete Stand your ground. Wherever you have a right to be legally. Your home is extended to you auto and your work place.

I don't see a need for LEOs to necessarily be familiar with this law. However, I would hope that they are aware of the new rules on carrying concealed in an automobile (without a permit).

I would think that it would incumbent on LE to know
1. If you broke a law
2. what law you broke.
Otherwise an LEO could arrest or detain you for whatever they felt like at the time.

Course there would have to be length limits on clubs and registration of slingshots. Sorry just couldn't pass up that line...;)

You forgot to add that the clubs could only be made of NERF foam, non toxic, highly visable, not more than less than 18 inches in length, and not capable of being concealed.

Dont even get me started on the slingshot :D

I would think that it would incumbent on LE to know
1. If you broke a law
2. what law you broke.
Otherwise an LEO could arrest or detain you for whatever they felt like at the time.

If you're involved in a shooting you WILL be taking a ride in a cruiser. Your firearm and your CHL will be taken from you until the facts can be sorted out. It is the DA who really needs to understand the law in this case.

Good post tex45acp. I like to say that when you need a cop right this second they are only minutes away.

Police Stop

I am certainly glad it was voted in before the Clinton, the one that always had the biggest balls, gets voted in as the next Comanderess in Chief. If it were up to her and the others in her ring of idiots, we will be defending ourselves with clubs and slingshots.

I certainly hope that the LEO's do take the time to read and understand the reason for the Castle Doctrine, especially the ones who are against Concealed Carry by honest, law abiding citizens. I have encountered one such LEO, in a general traffic stop, to make me aware I had a taillight out. When I presented him my CHL & DL as required, I told him I was carrying. He looked at me, paused and asked If I felt that my life was in immediate danger, he also asked if I thought he was incapable of protecting my life. I asked him if he was going to be with me 24/7, 365, because if not, he would not be able to protect me. He admitted that he could not be everywhere all the time and that they were very understaffed. I then said, "and that is exactly why I choose to carry to defend my life and the life of my family and /or friends". He just gave me the CHL and DL back, told me to get the taillight fixed asap and got in his cruiser and waited for me to drive off. Of the three traffic stops in the five years I have had my CHL, he is the only one against the CHL I have run across.

tex45acp

I had an encounter the other day that was very positive. I was stopped in Fort worth because of a brake light out. I handed the officer my drivers licence and my CHL. He looked at them then asked me who I was going to vote for for president. I said not sure yet but was pretty sure it would not be a Democrat. I said I liked Ron Paul but did not think he had a chance. He then told me he felt pretty much like me but thought Fred Thompson might be o.k. He said he knew if I appretiated my 2nd amendment rights I would be voting and that he and I were pretty much in agreement. The last thing he said was, by the way the reason I stopped you was to let you know you have a light out.

Welcome to the club. The Castle Doctrine is a good, common sense, law. Every state should enact it. Too bad they won't.

Texas has some of the most liberal use of force laws in the country. It's nice to have the 'stand your ground' doctrine so that we don't have to worry about civil suits any longer.

Back To The Slingshot For A Second

Her Majesty the Clintoness would have had David drawn and quartered for what he did to poor Goliath.

Hitting him between the eyes with that stone.

MY MY what is this would coming to. :cool:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back