Texas CHL Holder in need of Washington State non-resident CHL

Texan7505

My wife and I travel to AK quite a bit and Seattle is a standard layover location on our travels to Alaska. Additionally, we are planning a trip to Seattle sometime in May this year to tour the city. I have a TX resident CHL. What is the easiest and least expensive way to obtain a CHL which would be recognized in WA state? From what I have found, the states that WA is reciprocal with all require additional firearm certifications from "registered/licensed" instructors that only specific states recognize in my home state of TX. I refuse to have to pay $100+ for a certification which I already paid for once three years ago to obtain my TX resident CHL. From what I have read, WA requires that I submit my non-resident application in person before a judge, which makes the purpose for a non-resident CHL status idiotic. I want my CHL BEFORE I go to WA. I don't want to go then wait another sixty days for the state to give me the all clear. Is there an option I've missed?? Please tell me that this is easier. Does anyone have any experience with this situation? TIA.

Here are the states recognized:
Link Removed
Also during one of your visits you can apply for an out of state WA CPL, no class required. Just fingerprints, and money. Or you can just open carry.
Link Removed

From what I have read, WA requires that I submit my non-resident application in person before a judge, which makes the purpose for a non-resident CHL status idiotic. I want my CHL BEFORE I go to WA. I don't want to go then wait another sixty days for the state to give me the all clear.

You do have to submit the application in person, however it can be at any LEO agency in the state - nobody has to appear before a judge (unless you are apealling a denial).

The benefits to having a recognized CPL in WA:

1. You have the option to conceal the gun. Open carry is legal without a CPL.
2. You have the ability to keep a handgun loaded in a vehicle. Without a CPL, the handgun must be unloaded when inside a vehicle. Long guns can never be loaded inside the vehicle - except for disabled hunting.
3. You can carry in government owned convention centers and stadiums which are made "gun free zones" by local ordinances.
4. You can carry on school premesis when picking up or dropping off a student, but an out-of-state permit still does not exempt you from the 1000' Federal Gun Free School Zone law.
5. Some indian reservations in Washington require a CPL to possess a firearm on the reservation.

The benefits of having the non-resident WA CPL, in addition to those above:

1. You will be exempt from the 1000' Federal Gun Free School Zone law in Washington.

Get the Utah permit. I have it and I'm an Oregon resident so it's easy for me when I cross the Columbia river into Washington. Good luck.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back