Tennessee trying to change laws.

Do you know how long the gov. is going to let this bill sit on his desk before he makes a decision? I've read editorials calling for him to Veto, and they even admitted that the veto would be overturned. . . .they just want to "delay the inevitable"

Supposedly, they're asking for input. The rumor mill has it that Gov. Bredesen is keeping a For/Against tally sheet on his desk. At the end of the prescribed signage period, he'll go with the majority of calls/emails/letters/faxes to his office. 1 of three things could happen.

1. Sign into law
2. Veto, by which the House can override with a simple majority (which they have)
3. Let it sit for 10 days (I think), where it automatically becomes law.

Thanks for the info. I'm writing an e-mail right now. I encourage everyone in TN to do the same if they haven't already.

Bredesen vetoed to restaurant bill but it was overturned by a majority vote so we can start carrying in places that serve alcohol July 14th.

Maybe. A local lawyer is trying to push through a loophole that would give Davidson county the power to ban guns in any restaurant that sells beer. Note I said beer. The county handles beer licenses and the state handles liquor and wine licenses. A restaurant that only serves liquor and wine is not under county control so this ban would not effect them. I believe it would only affect Davidson county, but it would set a president that other counties could adopt.

It's been a few days since I checked on this, so please correct me if this loophole thing has been killed.

Supposedly the law is written so that Davidson county wont be able to ban them with the beer license. The guns in parks have gone through and loaded long guns are no legal to carry with a handgun permit as long as its not chambered. The Bill to close the list of names of permit holders to the public failed.

I have heard that "alot" of establishments (restaraunts) were going to ban guns I have not been to TN since the new law took effect and do know there is a specific paragraph they must post has anyone found any place doing this yet? if so which ones are they so I can avoid and take my buisness/money else where.

There is a high incidence of "Gunbuster" signs in restaurants around Memphis. The Memphis Restaurant Association was very vocal in its opposition to this law, and has encouraged all its members to put a sign up in their establishments. The news even went so far as to self-righteously proclaim that these people were protecting themselves by putting up a "no guns allowed" sign.

DOUCHEBAGGERY!

The carry where alcohol is served has been changed recently to where you can carry as long as 60% of sales is from food. Now it looks as if they are trying to go further with it.

How would that work?

Do you have to check a company's financial statements before you enter? :blink:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back