Tell a LEO you have a ccw

Gordon Shumway, great post! I had one thing to add, based on LEO advice given some years ago. The community I lived in had a man impersonating Highway Patrol and pulling single women over in uninhabited areas and raping them. The LEO's at the time published in the local newspaper that it was okay to drive a few miles to a house's driveway or a parking lot for safety sake. They said to turn on your emergency flashers to let the officer know you saw him and drive the speed limit to the next safe exit. If you are really concerned, you can call dispatch (I keep the local number handy) or 911 and inform them what is going on, what you are doing, why, and have them inform the officer. That way, he isn't ticked off that your "evading" him.

5-73-315. Possession of license — Identification of licensee.

(a) Any licensee possessing a valid license issued pursuant to this subchapter may carry a concealed handgun.
(b) The licensee shall:
(1) Carry the license, together with valid identification, at any time when the licensee is carrying a concealed handgun; and
(2) Display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer.

the key words here are "Display BOTH" & "upon demand"..Grumpy is right. :bigsmile:

I hand both DL and CCW at the same time, while saying "I have my weapon with me."

You probably haven't had an State Trooper go freaken bezerk and get red as a tomato because you handed him your permit and license together.
I wrote a letter to the State Commander.

By the way, the few times I have been stopped, the LEO knew I had a CCW BEFORE he got to my window. So YES, I think they have the car linked to the owner's name and DL.
NO I don't have that damn bumper sticker.

Jeeeeeezzzzz What a load of BS for the most part (not everyone), sensitive feelings, fears, bragging, guessing, my friends is LEO, hear-say, gossip, etc. It's no wonder the media and anti's take turns kicking us around LOL

Why waste time posting about any other state when the topic is Arkansas?
Why waste time telling us how submissive you are?
Why waste time guessing what a LEO would do?

"Just the facts, M'am"

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back