Teachers and concealed carry

ventman

This Saturday my local gun club is providing free concealed carry classes to 400 teachers, a third of them women. The county attorney general and sheriff are participating on the legal issues.

No more Columbines.

No more Columbines.

It doesn't matter how many people are trained. Are they allowed to carry in high risk places? I can train you to shoot a .50 CAL M2 machine gun and RPG launcher, but it won't do you much good in everyday life to reduce violent crime.

The club is in a Denver suburb. Don't know whether the 400 teachers will be mostly from the Denver area or from other Colorado locales.

Their ability ti carry in the schools will be determined by each school district, I believe.

If it's like it is here in TX, most school districts won't allow it. They are sitting by just watching the few rural ones and see what happens. I don't think there are any districts allowing it in any major cities.....yet.

That is correct Peggy. Teachers will be allowed to carry in Missouri Schools once a training requirement is set (it will be above and beyond basic concealed carry classes) and then met by the teachers. They will also have to undergo continuing education.

If I'm not mistaken, Missouri just overrode their governor's veto to allow teachers to carry.

Yes, but.

Needs approval of the school district. School District must hold an open forum prior to implementing. Teachers must hold a current Concealed Carry permit and take additional training from the state that has not been designed or implemented yet.

Hopefully School Districts will get on board and the State will get the training requirements worked out.

Kansas is somewhat similar. Teachers are allowed to carry concealed IF the school allows it. I don't know if any of them are or not.

I am not a lawyer, but from my understanding of MO law, the school board has to give notice if they intend to allow school protection officers. If they wish to allow a teacher holding a CCW license to carry on the property, they need not give any notice. They simply allow that person to carry and that's that. And it would be completely legal in Missouri. And if someone carried at school with a MO permit, that is also not a crime. You can only get in trouble if you are asked to leave and refuse.

I am a teacher in Mississippi and have applied for an Enhanced Conceal Carry License. I am following this post.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back