Teacher loses her fight to take her handgun to class

DrDavidM

While I am not surprised at the results of this I am disappointed. I would like my wife to be able to protect herself when she is in the classroom or on school grounds. While I can somewhat understand the right of an employer to make rules regarding his employees, I also feel this is taking my rights away. The most obvious point of the law is it is protecting no one.

Link Removed

I was afraid she wouldn't win, but I had hoped.

So now...how responsible is the school district for her safety then? If her ex does enter the school, and heaven forbid, injure her some way...will the same court hold the school district responsible?

I was afraid she wouldn't win, but I had hoped.

So now...how responsible is the school district for her safety then? If her ex does enter the school, and heaven forbid, injure her some way...will the same court hold the school district responsible?

If there is any sense to our criminal justice system, (and there isn't) if she were murdered by her ex at the school, the school district heads should be tried as accessories to murder.

Jc40

It is a shame that she lost her battle to defend herself while at school.Our laws are made up of a bunch of double standards and it just depends on who you are as to what standard you will be held accountable.An example..we as honest law abiding citizens who have taken the proper steps to legally obtain a permit to carry a handgun,cannot have it upon our body in a court of law,but a judge is allowed by law to carry a handgun on his person in the same court room.Same as a pilot being able to carry a handgun while in the cockpit of the plane,but we cannot bring one aboard on our person.What makes them any more responsible than us?

It is a shame that she lost her battle to defend herself while at school.Our laws are made up of a bunch of double standards and it just depends on who you are as to what standard you will be held accountable.An example..we as honest law abiding citizens who have taken the proper steps to legally obtain a permit to carry a handgun,cannot have it upon our body in a court of law,but a judge is allowed by law to carry a handgun on his person in the same court room.Same as a pilot being able to carry a handgun while in the cockpit of the plane,but we cannot bring one aboard on our person.What makes them any more responsible than us?

Courthouses are one of the only places that have effective enforcement of a gun-free zone. Any gun-free zone should be required to fund a 24-hour guard with a metal detector at all entrances and exits. Want a gun-free school? Then fund the guard and the damn metal detector. The powers won't even do this, which means gun-free zones are really victim disarmament zones.

It's very anti-democratic that "Special" people are trusted while the general public is not. I'd guess that the people in this forum are as capable of handling a firearm as most police officers, and probably better than many. Police are citizens. They should be allowed to carry not by special rules, but by the same laws that allow everyone to carry.

I'm wondering if anything in the decision is going to guarantee her safety while she is in this gun free zone. I've always felt that if gun free zones would be required to guarantee the safety of those on the premises, they will either spend the money to hire additional security or police, or take their signs down.

Remember "THE GOLDEN RULE"???

"Those who have the gold make the rules!!!"
As long as that is true there will always be a double standard!
Look at the O.J. result as a prime example!

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back