Tazers and Stun Guns

After a LOT of looking, I got this one. I'm too scared to try it on myself and too nice to try it on anyone else (that doesn't deserve it)....

BARRACUDA BC37 Stun Gun Highest Amperage Available

My apartment manager asked me for a stun gun recommendation, but does not want taser that must be reloaded. She's only got one hand, and walking her dog isn't a safe activity at night in this city anymore… I knew (because … nerd!) that current was more important than voltage, but I couldn't find any stun guns that listed a current rating and I knew the cheap ones are useless. Then I saw your post and the specs on this thing. I sure as hell don't wanna be on the business end of it! I'm pretty confident she'll put it to good use, should some trog decide that a disabled woman would make an easy target.

Thanks for posting it. :)

I have had one of those handheald tazers in my car for about a year now. At first I had tried to but cheap dollar store non-alkaline 9v batteries in it. That made it very weak and slow. When you put in a duracell 9v battery in though that thing is terrifying. Good thing about tazers is that you can conceal them and they are relativley cheaper than guns. Although I do love my all wood stock Russian SKS.
Thanks!

You're not talking about tasers then. Tasers are a very specific kind of personal defense weapon made by one specific company, and they cost about $400+ and work once per $30-40 cartridge. For that and three extra cartridges, I could buy a couple of Kel-Tec pistols and some ammo. Amd I don't have to register myself with the manufacturer as owning one in case the police ever want to round them all up at once… These things work by literally shutting down your target's muscles at a distance. They do have a stun gun as a backup device (at least the C2 does) but again…

A stun gun is different. You've actually got prongs on the end of the thing that you need to press against the bad guy and actuate the thing. They range from $10 (almost useless toys) to … significantly more. When you start to top $40, what you buy usually will be pretty nasty and pretty effective, if you can reach out and touch them with it. But those aren't tasers, and they operate rather differently.

^^ What Nicholas A. stated. Yes, we were OC sprayed. It was a requirement to be able to carry OC spray. We were not required, however to be Tasered, but we did have to be able to show full ability to deploy it on a special target with electrostatic material.

I bought a stun gun for my mother recently. It has a wrist strap attached to a pin, so that if the stun gun is forcefully taken from her, the pin gets pulled out of the device, and renders it inoperable. It's a fairly nice unit. It recharges with a slide-out wall-adapter and runs on a Li Ion battery.
I also got her a keyring sized canister of 2% OC (saber red)

My apartment manager asked me for a stun gun recommendation, but does not want taser that must be reloaded. She's only got one hand, and walking her dog isn't a safe activity at night in this city anymore… I knew (because … nerd!) that current was more important than voltage, but I couldn't find any stun guns that listed a current rating and I knew the cheap ones are useless. Then I saw your post and the specs on this thing. I sure as hell don't wanna be on the business end of it! I'm pretty confident she'll put it to good use, should some trog decide that a disabled woman would make an easy target.

Thanks for posting it. :)

Sorry for the slow reply....I've been checking mostly via facebook lately...You're welcome! It took a LONG time to find that one. Happy to share

What is truly amazing, is that in the biggest city near my home the Municipal Code Sec. 10.30.020 - Prohibits the possession, sale, or use of tasers, stun guns, and similar electronic or energy devices. Guess its a good thing for sixty bucks I can get a cpl.

Meh. At those ranges, and a BG intent on killing me, I'll hand him the projectile end of a .45 caliber cartridge. Rinse, repeat if necessary.

Not saying less-than-lethal methods are bad, they are just not for me, after consideration some time ago.

As an electronic tech., I was working on a tube type RF amplifier for a ham buddy, and he put his leg on my wheel-lock roll cart with enough force to knock one finger off a test point and on to B+ for an instant. I was off work for 3 days, bedridden. If I tried to get up, or exert in any way, my heart would tach. Nearly died over that one. I have to this day what my cardiologist called an excitable aorta.

Thank God I wasn't working on an amp with higher B+. If I was tazed today, it would probably kill me.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back