Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro

I also carry my PT-140 with a round in the chamber. However, I do not like the idea of having it pointing down my pants with the striker cocked, wether the safety is on, or not. The pistol is in single trigger mode with the striker cocked at all times when a round has been chambered. In order to place the pistol in the safest possible condition, since it has no decocker, after chambering a round; 1. Carefully pull the slide back to the first resistance point. 2. Pull the trigger while holding the slide back at that point. 3. Ease the slide forward and you have decocked the weapon and placed the trigger in double action mode with the striker decocked. Practise this with your weapon unloaded, and only do it outside with the weapon pointed in a safe direction with live ammo just in case you blow it. The slide on this weapon does not require much more than 3/8" movement to the rear to cock the striker, but unlike Glocks, it's striker (firing pin), stays cocked after chambering a round, the Glock does not. This is why Glock calls their product a "safe action pistol". Carry Safe!!

:biggrin:

Great post, now I carry it in DA/SA mode
thanks

I also carry a pt111 pro mill,but its single action only,i always keep one in the pipe with safety on.
I've carried it in just about every type of situation,place,vehicle,in crowds,shopping,driving sports cars and motorcycles etc etc.....,I have never had a issue with the safety at all.it can hold up just about thru anything.even running around with the kids.
I have had good expeiance with the gun,shots good for me.its a tiny low to the right,but that could be me.
for S___ts and giggles,when i first got the pt111 i put the target at 75 feet.shot full clip,12+1 in chamber.of 13,9 hit paper,7 hit in the body lay out.
I've put about 800 rounds thru it since.i havnt done it again since i first bought it,but i think it would still hit at that far away.

I also carry my PT-140 with a round in the chamber. However, I do not like the idea of having it pointing down my pants with the striker cocked, wether the safety is on, or not. The pistol is in single trigger mode with the striker cocked at all times when a round has been chambered. In order to place the pistol in the safest possible condition, since it has no decocker, after chambering a round; 1. Carefully pull the slide back to the first resistance point. 2. Pull the trigger while holding the slide back at that point. 3. Ease the slide forward and you have decocked the weapon and placed the trigger in double action mode with the striker decocked. Practise this with your weapon unloaded, and only do it outside with the weapon pointed in a safe direction with live ammo just in case you blow it. The slide on this weapon does not require much more than 3/8" movement to the rear to cock the striker, but unlike Glocks, it's striker (firing pin), stays cocked after chambering a round, the Glock does not. This is why Glock calls their product a "safe action pistol". Carry Safe!!

:biggrin:

A very dangerous practice in my opinion. Do so at your own risk, outside and pointed in a safe direction as you recommend.

A very dangerous practice in my opinion. Do so at your own risk, outside and pointed in a safe direction as you recommend.

Not so bad once you get familiar with your weapon and are in a safe location. and to me it beats the hell out of cocked n' locked were you'd need to think about brush off on a hair trigger...

Always keep your gun pointed in a safe direction

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back