taurus 24/7

burchesss

Hit the gun show last week and got a good look at a lot of new toys I cant afford. My wife has been looking for a 9mm for CC and we both like the Taurus mill pro features,and feel. But we got our first look at the 24/7 compact Sligtly larger and heavier and holds a 13 +1( as oposed to 12+1), with the extra mag17+1. She prefers the rubber grip of the 24/7 and I think the extra 7oz will make it easyer to shoot. whats the opinon of the 24/7 specificaly the compact? I know the mill pro had a lot of problems early on but thy seem to have corected them. How is the new SA/DA trigger? If you wish to trash Taurus feel free (1st amendment) but I am most interested id feedback on this specific model.

THE USE OF THE WORD TOY IN NO WAY INCORAGES THE CARELESS USE OF FIREARMS, IT ONLY MEANS THE ONES I OWN ARE A HELL OF A LOT OF FUN!

I have not done anymore than handle the 24/7 when my wife was looking for her 9mm. I really like the way it felt and seemed to handled. I have had very good luck with my PT140pro. I have never had a failure of any kind. I certainly would not hesitate to purchase a 24/7

24/7

I have the PT145 not the 24/7, but they seem to be very similar. I actually bought a 24/7 12rd mag and it works in my PT145. You might want to wait for one of the new 800 series with the traditional hammer (not striker).
Link Removed
Link Removed

i have the pt145 also. is a great gun for the price. i had a pt111 millenium pro 9mm which was also a great little gun too.

I have had two, yes two 24/7 .45's. Both of them were riddled with problems from day one. The second one was also visibly low quality. out of the box it had a pitted barrel, multiple scratches, and did not function properly.

I hate to trash a company like this, but I had bad luck with only that model. Thank Goodness for the awesome folks at davidson's.... Gallery of Guns.com - Gun Gallery, Ruger Firearms, Shooter Online Services, Firearm Industry News, Firearm Dealer, Gun News...... They have a lifetime replacement guarantee.

The Taurus PT-145 on the other hand is a pretty sweet little piece. Reliable and ideal for concealed carry.

Ry

I have had two, yes two 24/7 .45's. Both of them were riddled with problems from day one. The second one was also visibly low quality. out of the box it had a pitted barrel, multiple scratches, and did not function properly.

I hate to trash a company like this, but I had bad luck with only that model. Thank Goodness for the awesome folks at davidson's.... Gallery of Guns.com - Gun Gallery, Ruger Firearms, Shooter Online Services, Firearm Industry News, Firearm Dealer, Gun News...... They have a lifetime replacement guarantee.

The Taurus PT-145 on the other hand is a pretty sweet little piece. Reliable and ideal for concealed carry.

Ry

My research has revealed that the "new" PRO models are much better guns and the problems with the previous generation guns have been addressed.

Mine (24/7 PRO in 9mm) worked great at first, then the trigger failed to reset frequently. It developed a definite draggy feel to it and simply wouldn't reset (I could reset it with a finger). I called Taurus and they were stumped, but offered to pick it up and check it out.

But, before going that route, I took it to a gunsmith who blasted it out with some spray cleaner, re-oiled it, and the problem was gone! It's worked great ever since.

Some, as a matter of course, break down and thoroughly clean all guns upon purchase. I can now see why.

I wouldn't by any means consider this a knock on Taurus. I own two and their PT92 is BETTER than a Beretta.

I own a 24/7-C 9mm, a Millennium Pro PT-145, And an OSS 9mm. I like all of them and the 24/7-c is only slightly different in the beavertail section than the Millenium Pro and I like the finned rubber grip of the 24/7 over the Millenium Pro

My wife got me a 24/7 OSS DS .45 for Christmas and I have since put about 250 rounds through it. She got it from a local dealer. Plastic case with all the usual goodies.

I love it. She loves it well enough to want one just like it (has been wanting a Glock19or21). I think my next one will be the PT845 for better CC...just like pictured above only the .45 version. Shorter barrel than my OSS. I chose the 24/7 over XD, Glock21, H&K, Sig, etc because of weight and FEEL. It felt the very best; was most comfortable in MY hand(s).

I shot a Glock21, 23 and Colt 1911 .45 last weekend. Damn nice pistols and felt good and handled flawlessly...but my 24/7 still feels best IMO.

Shop, shop, shop...let her find the one that's fits best.

I have the 24/7 Pro 9mm and absolutely love it.. Over a 1000 rounds shot thru it since I bought it at Thanksgiving time and not 1 problem. I bought my wife the PT145 which she loves and has shot over 600 rounds thru it trouble free.
She loves my 24/7 more than her PT145 and shoots mine more now.
It seems that Taurus packs more shipping grease into their guns than other mfg's do and the initial cleaning has to be a really good one. If not you will get multiple FTF/FTE problems.
I like these guns, not the same quality as Sigs or HK's but for the money you cant go wrong!

24/7 Pro are VERY decent firearms and their parts are similar enough to the Millennium series that many are interchangable, extractors, firing pin, strikers, etc.

I carry a Millennium PRO PT145 daily and has very nice feel and accuracy, along with a most important -> reliabilty. It weighs less than my Sig Sauer SP2022 in 9mm and gives me 10 rounds of .45ACP for defense.

These are nice quality firearms and will do you well.

One of the things I like about the 800 series, is that Taurus makes a complete slide and magazine in 22 LR to swap out with these pistols. Their ergnomics are very good, giving quite positive control of the weapon, as well as one of the nicest feeling triggers I have felt. Quite short reset in SA when fired.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back