Tampa Ranges

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
What are my options of ranges in or around Tampa? Are there any good outdoor ranges with pistol/rifle/shotgun? And what about a decent indoor range?

Check this web site. Link Removed They have a Tampa location, it may work out for you!!

I've been to shoot stright in Tampa. Its a nice indoor range. But no rapid firing or double taps! Which cracked me up cause I went with a buddy that was shooting a full auto AK.

The police shooting range in St. Pete's ok. Can not shoot any center fire rifles there. Also has a sign up to turn in your brass when you leave! lol I went home with all of mine!

We have a few ranges here in St Pete. Knights on Hwy 19 and 118th, is in door and you can shoot to your hearts content. Double triple tap etc. We also have the Wyoming Antelope club. Not allowed to do much real shooting at the range, but they have some really good discipline's such as action shot gun, defensive pistol, cowboy and many more. It is an outdoor range. The Thursday nite defensive pistol is great. Draw from conceal and move and shoot..

We have a few ranges here in St Pete. Knights on Hwy 19 and 118th, is in door and you can shoot to your hearts content. Double triple tap etc. We also have the Wyoming Antelope club. Not allowed to do much real shooting at the range, but they have some really good discipline's such as action shot gun, defensive pistol, cowboy and many more. It is an outdoor range. The Thursday nite defensive pistol is great. Draw from conceal and move and shoot..
Hey proudman,what are the rates at knights?I was just by the place last week with a friend,but have never been there as it is a bit of a ride.it does however offer more options than the ranges around here.

If I remember right it is 17.00 for an hour, but if you buy ammo it goes down to 12.00, It is either 4 or 6 dollars for an extra person in your stall.

If I remember right it is 17.00 for an hour, but if you buy ammo it goes down to 12.00, It is either 4 or 6 dollars for an extra person in your stall.

You are correct. $17 an hour plus $6 for an additional shooter. $12.00 with ammo purchase. Not the cheapest but one of the only ones around that allows Double, triples, and rapid fire.

Their is a range up 19 some ways that is out doors and allows machine guns.
There is the Hernando sportsmans club that is an outdoor range where you can shoot pretty much what you want.They have a machine gun shoot twice a year which is awesome to watch.This one is on route 19 north.

There is the Hernando sportsmans club that is an outdoor range where you can shoot pretty much what you want.They have a machine gun shoot twice a year which is awesome to watch.This one is on route 19 north.

I missed the 4th of July one this year but I'll be there for the next one!

From what I can find, here are the closest outdoor ranges to me. Does anyone have anything to share about any of them? They are all within or about an hour from me, about the most I would want to drive on a regular basis.

Dade City Rod & Gun Club, Inc
Gun Craft
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed - If you are a member, can you use the range anytime?
Hernando Sportsman Club
Lakeland Rifle & Pistol Club

I'm live a few mins from that antelope club but have never tried it out. The main reason is that I was told that they only alow you to chamber one rifle round at a time! This would suck when shooting my AR. My friend didn't know what thier policy was on pistol fire. (double taps) So I normally end up going to Knights.

I have been out to the Hernando sports mans club and really enjoyed my time out there. The range guys were very nice and as long as you were being safe they just left you alone.

I'm live a few mins from that antelope club but have never tried it out. The main reason is that I was told that they only alow you to chamber one rifle round at a time! This would suck when shooting my AR. My friend didn't know what thier policy was on pistol fire. (double taps) So I normally end up going to Knights.

I have been out to the Hernando sports mans club and really enjoyed my time out there. The range guys were very nice and as long as you were being safe they just left you alone.

Thanks for the info.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back