Talbot Schools Suspend 3 Children for 'playing guns' with their fingers.

The_Outlaw

~The Dude Abides~
Everyone wants to send their kids to a safe school where they can learn the skills to become a functioning adult. But are we creating “narcissitic bubble children", by forcing upon them so many irrational rules at each & every turn that they will have no idea how to make independent decisions later on in real life?
A Talbot County school in Maryland has just suspended two more six-year-old children for making “gun” signs with their hands while playing what used to be a fairly common game, cops and robbers, during their recess time. And less than two weeks ago, 6-year-old Rodney Lynch was suspended for the very same offense.
Young Rodney explained what he did during a WJZ-TV interview: “Just pointing your fingers like this, and then she did the pow sound, and I just went like that, and then I got sent to the office, again.”
One rational parent, Julia Merchant, said the situation is “Completely ridiculous.”

Link Removed

Maybe they didn't check to see if their fingers were loaded! Totally rediculous! I did the same thing 50 years ago and I turned out normal. People are just too sensitive.

These kids probably made 15 POW sounds in a row, they got suspended because they had a "high capacity" magazine. :)

A friend's kid got in trouble for drawing a picture of himself and his daddy at the range. Schools are getting crazy. Have to tell my kid that at school, guns are a secret. How sad is that?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back