Taking my wife to the range.

I've mentioned this previously...but...this is kinda interesting...My wife had NEVER fired a weapon of any kind in her life, didn't shoot with me, but DID agree to a Vegas vacation at Frontsight Resort. It's quite possible that she was daydreaming about a palm tree-lined resort with poolside service, and posh accomodations (don't know HOW she would have got that idea, maybe because I said "Resort", I don't know; why, all she had to do was go online to see the place, ummm..which, apparently she didn't do). So, here we are, first day of a 5-day handgun course, and she's grinning: "Some people sit on a beach during vacation with drinks with little umbrellas in 'em, but nooooo, not us, here we are in some freakin' bootcamp in the middle of the desert". She is a good sport. Long story short, she had a blast (literally), now knows how to handle a weapon (better than I could have ever taught her), AND has CCW permits. Never let it be said that I don't know how to show a woman a good time.

I've mentioned this previously...but...this is kinda interesting...My wife had NEVER fired a weapon of any kind in her life, didn't shoot with me, but DID agree to a Vegas vacation at Frontsight Resort. It's quite possible that she was daydreaming about a palm tree-lined resort with poolside service, and posh accomodations (don't know HOW she would have got that idea, maybe because I said "Resort", I don't know; why, all she had to do was go online to see the place, ummm..which, apparently she didn't do). So, here we are, first day of a 5-day handgun course, and she's grinning: "Some people sit on a beach during vacation with drinks with little umbrellas in 'em, but nooooo, not us, here we are in some freakin' bootcamp in the middle of the desert". She is a good sport. Long story short, she had a blast (literally), now knows how to handle a weapon (better than I could have ever taught her), AND has CCW permits. Never let it be said that I don't know how to show a woman a good time.

After this "resort" you are intending to take her somewhere where she will be sitting on the beach with a drink, correct? ;) As far as CCW permits and handling weapons are concerned, it sounds like you two are having a great time! :yes4:

After this "resort" you are intending to take her somewhere where she will be sitting on the beach with a drink, correct? ;) As far as CCW permits and handling weapons are concerned, it sounds like you two are having a great time! :yes4:

Ahhh...I see that great minds think alike, yours and my wife's, that is! Actually, (I'm almost scared to admit this), I am taking her on a trip next month - back to Frontsight! Maybe I'll just put a little umbrella in the barrel of her (unloaded) gun and call it good. Think that'll fly?

I've posted to this effect on this site before. With a great gal who carries along with you, who needs a BUG!!!

I'm trying to get mine to take the class and get hers. She's been around them and is a good shot. She's even run a reload press before... Yea... I chose her for her looks and her cooking but kept her for the ammo!!!:laugh:

Ahhh...I see that great minds think alike, yours and my wife's, that is! Actually, (I'm almost scared to admit this), I am taking her on a trip next month - back to Frontsight! Maybe I'll just put a little umbrella in the barrel of her (unloaded) gun and call it good. Think that'll fly?

Oh dear...good thing there are some women on this forum to supervise! :rolleyes:
Is she aware of this up-and-coming "trip"? Dare I even ask? :wink: Seeing as a drink with an umbrella obviously wouldn't suffice (guns and alcohol), may I suggest a leis? :victory:

Oh dear...good thing there are some women on this forum to supervise! :rolleyes:
Is she aware of this up-and-coming "trip"? Dare I even ask? :wink: Seeing as a drink with an umbrella obviously wouldn't suffice (guns and alcohol), may I suggest a leis? :victory:

You're right, Gabby, we testosterone-laden Neanderthals need the calming influence and advice of the "fairer sex" (sexist pig, right? already admitted I was a Neanderthal). In fact, you and "Conservative Wife & Mom" and "Goodcleanfun" are the only women I know that are posting. I hope you continue to do so.

Yeah, she's aware of the trip. I did promise a little "pool-side" time in addition to boot-camp, so I think I'm safe.:biggrin: Hmmm...I like the idea of a leis. That could work....

You're right, Gabby, we testosterone-laden Neanderthals need the calming influence and advice of the "fairer sex" (sexist pig, right? already admitted I was a Neanderthal). In fact, you and "Conservative Wife & Mom" and "Goodcleanfun" are the only women I know that are posting. I hope you continue to do so.

Yeah, she's aware of the trip. I did promise a little "pool-side" time in addition to boot-camp, so I think I'm safe.:biggrin: Hmmm...I like the idea of a leis. That could work....

:no: You know me better than that to assume that my intentions were to offend you or any of the other "testosterone-laden" individuals :wink: I merely was showing some camaraderie with fellow females, it's important to stick up for one another you know :yes4:

Ahh, I'm sure the "pool-side" addition to the trip is very appealing! I once had a leis mailed to me for my birthday from a good friend of mine who lives in Hawaii (ok, so his intentions proved to be testosterone-laden, no surprise there! Only teasing, he was a very nice individual) not only was it stunning--double orchid--but it also smelled wonderful, and lasted for about a week! Definitely a wonderful idea, at least in my opinion :happy:

:no: You know me better than that to assume that my intentions were to offend you or any of the other "testosterone-laden" individuals :wink: I merely was showing some camaraderie with fellow females, it's important to stick up for one another you know :yes4:

Ahh, I'm sure the "pool-side" addition to the trip is very appealing! I once had a leis mailed to me for my birthday from a good friend of mine who lives in Hawaii (ok, so his intentions proved to be testosterone-laden, no surprise there! Only teasing, he was a very nice individual) not only was it stunning--double orchid--but it also smelled wonderful, and lasted for about a week! Definitely a wonderful idea, at least in my opinion :happy:

Ummm...double orchids??!!! I was thinking of one of those cheesy plastic jobbies you can buy in gas stations or something. I mean, c'mon Gabby, this Frontsight gig is expensive! :biggrin:

Ummm...double orchids??!!! I was thinking of one of those cheesy plastic jobbies you can buy in gas stations or something. I mean, c'mon Gabby, this Frontsight gig is expensive! :biggrin:

:laugh: Priorities my friend!! :wink: Just teasing! I am very certain your priorities are exactly where they need to be :yes4: aside from the "plastic jobbies" you can purchase at a gas station. Now I looked into this for you, I know how you boys can be about research and reading directions before constructing something :rolleyes: They have some very reasonably priced leis on this website. Keep in mind, I will not be offended in the least if you choose not to purchase a leis, I am merely running along with this idea.

Link Removed

Geez, I'm feeling the pressure here from you guys to buy this thing. I suppose if I don't, you'll consider me ill-mannered and cheap. I'll be sure to let you know when I do. :biggrin:

Geez, I'm feeling the pressure here from you guys to buy this thing. I suppose if I don't, you'll consider me ill-mannered and cheap. I'll be sure to let you know when I do. :biggrin:

Mm mm, not at all! :no:

But, should you purchase it, be sure to let us know :yes4:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back