Taking a Tactical Handgun Course

Thanks for the update on your class and the pictures.

I am in the process of setting up a private 2 day class here in Central Florida for a few of my friends, and then we are trying to decide about a 4-5 day at either Front Sight, or one of the other schools in February.

Keep up the training.

BTW, looks like you decided on some White Box .45

I need to start saving cause I'd love to take 4-5 day class at Front Sight. I think training is an important part of concealed carry. If I'm going to carry I want to be as well trained as possible. I was happy with my performance Saturday but still have some areas I can work on.

Ya Wally World had it for $29 a box of 100 which is about the going price I found online. Unless I went with the steel case wolf stuff but didn't really want to shot that through my Kimber.

I need to start saving cause I'd love to take 4-5 day class at Front Sight. I think training is an important part of concealed carry. If I'm going to carry I want to be as well trained as possible. I was happy with my performance Saturday but still have some areas I can work on.

Ya Wally World had it for $29 a box of 100 which is about the going price I found online. Unless I went with the steel case wolf stuff but didn't really want to shot that through my Kimber.

As to Front Sight, you should be aware that it is possible to buy legitimate course certificates on Ebay for a 4 day class. These certificates are reasonable. The certificate can only be used by a first timer.

I figured out the cost to be around $1200 for a four day, which includes the certificate, air fare, hotel, and ammo. Who knows, maybe you will win one of monthly drawings for a certificate.

Definitely do not want to be shooting Wolf through that Kimber. I use the white box stuff at the range as well. We shoot at least every other if not every weekend.

As to Front Sight, you should be aware that it is possible to buy legitimate course certificates on Ebay for a 4 day class. These certificates are reasonable. The certificate can only be used by a first timer.

I figured out the cost to be around $1200 for a four day, which includes the certificate, air fare, hotel, and ammo. Who knows, maybe you will win one of monthly drawings for a certificate.

Definitely do not want to be shooting Wolf through that Kimber. I use the white box stuff at the range as well. We shoot at least every other if not every weekend.

Thanks for the info Palmach. $1200 for 4 days is not bad at all. I'll have to start looking into that. Winning a Front Sight drawing would be fantastic but I think we all would love that one! lol

I try to get to the range as often and money permits. Usually that’s at least twice a month. I'm going to take the advance tactical class as soon as I can. After you pass that course the range allows you to draw from concealment and fire. Being able to practice that would be extremely beneficial.

Thanks for the info Palmach. $1200 for 4 days is not bad at all. I'll have to start looking into that. Winning a Front Sight drawing would be fantastic but I think we all would love that one! lol

I try to get to the range as often and money permits. Usually that’s at least twice a month. I'm going to take the advance tactical class as soon as I can. After you pass that course the range allows you to draw from concealment and fire. Being able to practice that would be extremely beneficial.

Unfortunately, most ranges do not allow you to present from concealment or draw and fire.

I am trying to make arrangement with a private range to gain access on a regular basis in order to train on a tactical level.

BTW, I just found this new site that might be worth looking at for us in Florida.Link Removed
This might have potential

Unfortunately, most ranges do not allow you to present from concealment or draw and fire.

I am trying to make arrangement with a private range to gain access on a regular basis in order to train on a tactical level.

BTW, I just found this new site that might be worth looking at for us in Florida.Link Removed
This might have potential

That looks like its going to be a nice range. I'll have to make the trip over sometime and check it out.

Have you signed up for Front Sight's mailing and email list? They are offering specials regularly. I took advantage of one of their offers about a year and a half ago, and I managed to get a life membership, Glock pistol, and accessories (holster, belt, flashlight), all for about $2000.

If you're not willing to commit to a life membership, a few months back they had another offer, which was for a 4 Day Defensive Handgun course, 1 Day 30 State CCW course, and a Springfield XD pistol. I forget what the cost was, but it was still a great value.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back