Take class again!

shingman2

I was thinking about moving to Tennesee. Do I need to take the cwp class again when I do this or do I use my same license from SC.?

I was thinking about moving to Tennesee. Do I need to take the cwp class again when I do this or do I use my same license from SC.?

I moved from Tennessee last year. I moved to North Carolina and finally got my NC permit. Now to answer your question -- Tennessee only issues resident permits and yes you will have to take the class again. You will also have to prove you are a resident of Tennessee when you apply for your permit. Your SC permit is honored by Tennessee by the way. So to make a long story short -- move to Tennessee, get your Tennessee drivers license then take the class, then go to the drivers license office and apply for you carry permit. It does not take a long time to get it IF you follow the instructions to the letter. Hope this helps...

While you're still a resident of SC, maybe you could see if TN allows its residents to carry on nonresident permits from other states. Since your SC permit is a resident permit you won't be able to do that with that particular permit. Get either a NH, PA, FL, or UT permit if TN allows that, and carry on one of those while you're waiting for your TN permit to arrive.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back