Tactical light on a shotgun.

S&WM&P40

I posted something like this a while back but cant seem to find it on here. How many of you think it's important to have a Pressure pad on the tactical light for a shotgun? So you can turn it on and off when you need it? I found a light i like but it does not have this it's just on or off light/laser/light and laser at the same time. It's just going to be used on the Home shotgun for my wife to use in the safe room or for checking the house. It's not going to be used for tactically clearing buildings or anything.

I think it's important to be able to quickly switch the light off and on. The technique I use is: light on, scan for one or two seconds, light off and MOVE. Then repeat. The important thing is that after the light goes off, you don't stay where you were when it was on. One method is a pressure pad, but there are others.

If you have a mounting rail on your shotgun, a light made for handguns works great. I have a Streamlight TLR2 mounted that I mount on a side rail on my AR15. With a normal grip, my support hand thumb is perfectly positioned to use the momentary on switch. I recently read an article in Shotgun News where the author uses an almost identical setup on his shotgun.

Also, there are conversion kits available for some lights to add a pressure pad.

I have a tack light on my Benelli it sits by my bed when I hear anything outside it's the first thing I grab.

We have a farm and coyote, and coons are normally the problem.

When we had chickens, many a night I would hear the chickens, and walk quietly down to the barn turn on the light.

I have the light focused on impact point of 20 yds. with heavy #5 shot.

So far no coon has excaped the beam.

It will do well on both two and four legged critters.

I think it's important to be able to quickly switch the light off and on. The technique I use is: light on, scan for one or two seconds, light off and MOVE. Then repeat. The important thing is that after the light goes off, you don't stay where you were when it was on. One method is a pressure pad, but there are others.

If you have a mounting rail on your shotgun, a light made for handguns works great. I have a Streamlight TLR2 mounted that I mount on a side rail on my AR15. With a normal grip, my support hand thumb is perfectly positioned to use the momentary on switch. I recently read an article in Shotgun News where the author uses an almost identical setup on his shotgun.

Also, there are conversion kits available for some lights to add a pressure pad.

Yeah that's what i would use as well if i was in a need to clear a large area. But keep in mind she will just have it in the safe room pointed at the door. Her and the kids when I'M clearing the house she knows if the person on the other side of the door does not say the safe word then it's not me or the police.i think i said this in the last post ( sorry not last post the topic i had on this matter before) that i was looking at putting a surefire light forend on it. It's 375 but i think it may do the job. It has on/off and a kill swtich. As it is I will be spending little over 300 on the Mossberg Special Purpose Persuader, then adding the blackhawk stock and some other things. I'm also thinking of having the gun smith put on Ghost ring sights and removing the Gold dot what do you think about that?

The SureFire forend is awesome and can take a lot of abuse. They make several models with different features. The 623LFG, which goes for $375 at LA Police Gear, has the on/off, system disable and pressure sensitive momentary on pad. I have a Mossberg 590-A1 from Vang Comp Systems. It has the ghost ring sights and I really like them. I added the Blackhawk (Knoxx) recoil reducing stock to mine. It does a great job soaking up the recoil.

Yeah I'm looking at the surefire Model 623LFG LED Forend. Do you know any sites that sell it for under 375? I'm also looking at putting on a GG&G sling adapter on the back of it. Idk would it even be worth it to put ghost sights on it? I'm putting so much into as it is. I mean shit the surefire forend is more then i will be paying for the gun it's self. Then you add in the Sling adapter,Black hawk stock,side saddle lol and it goes up. I'm looking at putting the six shell holder on it I'm just hoping the surefire forend will not get in the way. I did just happen to see a new eight shell side saddle for the mossberg. But for 72 dollars they can keep it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back