Tactical Flashlight/Laser Recommendations...

cgny

Searched the site briefly for any threads. Didnt come across much. If i missed a thread give me a link or you feelings on what's available. Just wondering what you guys like. Whats a good set up for a decent price? Lookin for a set-up for my glock 23 i just picked up. Feedback appreciated. THANKS

You can pick up the new black hawk light for 189. it has some cool things about it like LED and strobe. You can pick up a M6 for around 80 if you shop around you can also get the m6 with a laser. Streamlight makes some nice ones as well. You can pick up the new TLR1 (LED) for around 90 over at buds dirt has the Tlr1 for 105 i think. They also make the TLR2 same led light just with a red laser on it as well. The TLR1 is drivable it can be put in water and will not die. The TLR2 is not because of the laser. But unless you are a navy seal or a USMC making a beach landing i cant see you swimming with it. I am looking at putting on the TLR1 on my M&P. What you should do it go to youtube. Type in the name of the light you are thinking about getting. So you can see it in action. That's what i do when i am looking at buying a new toy.

I can only tell you what works for me - the decision must be yours.

I always carry two tactical lights: A Sure-Fire Lumimax 4 and a Blackhawk Gladious (has multiple functions - constant on, dimming, momentary and strobe). They are both great lights for hand-held tactical purposes.

If you want to have a light attached to your G23, there are plenty of them out there to choose from. I have an Insight Technologies M3 which is a great light, but I'm not a fan of lights attached to weapons - but that's only my opinion.

If you go with a TLR1 or a surefire weapon light. Galco holsters just came out with a KICK Ass holster called the HALO. It's a top of the line leather holster that fits glocks,sigs,M&P 9mm/40mm as well as a few others. It allows you to have your light on your weapon and holster it yet it's still compacted enough to conceal. You can pick it up for around 90 dollars and a few more dollars for shipping. Why is this so great because all the other holsters like this are to big or stick out to far to conceal. I am looking at picking one up MAYBE idk yet have other things i want first.

Thanks for all the great info so far guys. This gun isnt gonna be my carry gun. i have a g27 for that. I pretty much decided against the light/laser combo and to just go w a light and some night sites. Keep the input comin b/c i still have about 2-3 weeks before i have the funds to do it.

You can pick up the new black hawk light for 189. it has some cool things about it like LED and strobe. You can pick up a M6 for around 80 if you shop around you can also get the m6 with a laser. Streamlight makes some nice ones as well. You can pick up the new TLR1 (LED) for around 90 over at buds dirt has the Tlr1 for 105 i think. They also make the TLR2 same led light just with a red laser on it as well. The TLR1 is drivable it can be put in water and will not die. The TLR2 is not because of the laser. But unless you are a navy seal or a USMC making a beach landing i cant see you swimming with it. I am looking at putting on the TLR1 on my M&P. What you should do it go to youtube. Type in the name of the light you are thinking about getting. So you can see it in action. That's what i do when i am looking at buying a new toy.

I'm really likin the TLR1... I think thats what i'll be pickin up

What kind of gun are you looking to put a laser and/or flashlight on? Just asking because custom fit lights and lasers aren't available for every kind of gun. If you have something common such as a Glock, Ruger, 1911, etc., then Crimson Trace is good for a laser sight.

No he just wants a light he said as the gun it's going on is not his carry gun. Over at Guns for Sale you can pick up the TLR1 for 90 i would go check it out over there. Dirt has them to for a little more, but they have like 20 reviews on it over there. So i would go over there and read the reviews. They are all almost 5 star reviews so you know you are buying a good item.

My experience is with two lights. I have an MX3 attached to my Bereta Vertec as my "night" pistol in the box next to my bed. It also has the CT grips so I did not need the laser on the light. I also do have a holster that holds the pistol with the light but not as a concealed piece, I just keep that around because it comes in handy during power outages after hurricanes. Happily haven't had to strap it on in a few years now.

My PLR-16 (the one the bear is holding in my avatar) has a TLR-2 on it. The combo of light and laser to me is great. I have been pleased with the way the laser holds target even with the wild shock waves that the ultra short barrel of the PLR produces (remember it is a .223 PISTOL with a 9" barrel). The LED throws plenty of light. I think this combo would also be great on an AR or other tactical rifle.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back