Taco Bell

Heading to the range this morning and stopped at Taco Bell for breakfast. (I happen to like their breakfast) I logged on to their free Wi-Fi while I ate. They blocked the USA Carry website.

Guns? Taco Bell? Hell, guns aren't as bad as the food. Yer taking yer life in yer hands eatin there bud. :yes4:

The OP does not give enough information to evaluate the situation concerning the parent company’s policies or even that of the local franchise. It could have been a limited technical glitch. Did he try other pro-gun sites, NRA, state association, CCKBA, etc? I checked the Posted! App for anti-gun businesses. A few Taco Bells, but certainly not all, showed up in my area. I tried 4 or 5 other cities in the U.S. Taco Bell did not show up on any of them. Posted! Is limited because it depends on user submissions. There have been other posts about a national company being anti-gun. It later turns out that a single uninformed zealous employee is enforcing their own viewpoint. I searched some other websites for anti-gun businesses. They had the NRA-ILA list from 2012. Taco Bell was not on it, but that is an old list.

I checked other gun related websites as well. I felt no need to list them on THIS site. When I spoke to the manager, she said that the decision to block certain kinds of sites was made by the "home office". I took that to mean the parent company Yum! Foods, or the regional office.

Sent from my XT907 using USA Carry mobile app

Some businesses are like that. Their wi-fi is set to block what the IT deems offensive or violent in nature. Sometimes it comes down to someone not adjusting the settings after installing whatever filtering software they are using. When I took my CCW class, one of the younger guys in it works at Taco Bell and was taking it to carry at work. Where he works isn't in the best area, and there are already a couple workers who carry while working.

L8R,
Matt

I wonder if it's even Taco Bell, aka Yum, that sets the filtering. A lot of stores contract out their web access, and it could be that provider making the decisions on what's to be banned.

And when it comes to gun related sites, they often do a crappy job. At the local Micheal's, I do some browsing while the wife browses. I can get to most any of the forums, and some manufacturers and retailers. But some get blocked.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back