Suspected Robber Dies In Struggle With Homeowners

HK4U

All I can say is good job.

Link Removed

Suspected Robber Dies In Struggle With Homeowners
Second Suspected Robber Critically Injured

POSTED: 6:32 am CDT September 3, 2008
UPDATED: 11:04 am CDT September 3, 2008

FORT WORTH, Texas -- One suspected robber is dead and another is in critical condition at John Peter Smith Hospital after two homeowners fought back during a home invasion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Video: Suspected Robber Dies In Struggle With Homeowners
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police said the two men broke into two homes Tuesday night -- one in north Fort Worth and the other two miles away in Blue Mound.

At about 11:10 p.m., the men -- both armed with shotguns --entered the Fort Worth home in the 2600 block of Calico Rock Drive through an open garage and confronted a 38-year old homeowner and his wife in their bedroom, police said.

The men took a police radio, a laptop, the victim's wallet, a jewelry box and the victim's red Honda Odyssey.

Children were inside the house asleep and were not harmed. No injuries were reported in the first robbery.

The second robbery happened at about 12:23 a.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of Globe Avenue.

Keith Hoehn, 34, and his wife, Kellie, tell police the intruders kicked in their front door and pointed a shotgun at Kellie Hoehn's head. She brushed the barrel aside, and a struggle ensued, which spilled out into the front yard. The husband disarmed the armed intruder and shot both.

Dakota Benoit, 21, died at the scene. John Pierson, 25, ran away on foot but was later apprehended in the 2600 block of Lou Menk Drive.

It is unlikely that the homeowner in this incident will face any charges, police said.

+1 for those homeowner! Would have been easier if they had a defensive tool at there ready but props for fighting back.

+1 for those homeowner! Would have been easier if they had a defensive tool at there ready but props for fighting back.

I was thinking the same thing. I am glad it came out in their favor but I would rather not face an armed assault with out having a firearm. It turned out good this time but odds are that in most cases the unarmed home owner would be the one dead.

Last edited:
Being willing to fight back makes you the weapon,a gun would have been nice.Today people are told to give in and maybe they will not hurt you. BS

The last sentence of the article says that it is unlikely that the homeowners will face charges. Well, this being Texas, I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Good job, homeowners!

The last sentence of the article says that it is unlikely that the homeowners will face charges. Well, this being Texas, I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Good job, homeowners!
I would especially being in Texas! Remember Horn. They refused to be victims and they were lucky!

If it weren't for the prohibition on the open carrying of handguns, I would seriously consider moving to Texas later on in life. When you consider that it is shall issue, allows the unlicensed open carrying of long guns, and the fact that it has perhaps the best self defense laws in America, it's no surprise why any freedom lover would want to relocate there. Keep up the good work, Texas!

I bet the BG that ran crapped his pants after his buddy got shot with the shotgun he brought. Honestly, this article brought a huge smile to my face. I love the fact the innocent did not get hurt, and the BGs got what they deserved.

Texas rocks!!

Now only if Texas could send 1/10th of itself to Taxachusetts...it would def improve our gun laws here :)

I believe in Massachusetts you have to try and escape before you are allowed to use any type of lethal force (please correct me if I am wrong). A few years back I ran into someone who used lethal force with an armed home invader and was arrested for failing to flee. He served no time and was eventualy let go on self defense grounds, but still a hassle to go through. Thoughts?

I bet the BG that ran crapped his pants after his buddy got shot with the shotgun he brought. Honestly, this article brought a huge smile to my face. I love the fact the innocent did not get hurt, and the BGs got what they deserved.

Texas rocks!!

Now only if Texas could send 1/10th of itself to Taxachusetts...it would def improve our gun laws here :)

I believe in Massachusetts you have to try and escape before you are allowed to use any type of lethal force (please correct me if I am wrong). A few years back I ran into someone who used lethal force with an armed home invader and was arrested for failing to flee. He served no time and was eventualy let go on self defense grounds, but still a hassle to go through. Thoughts?

According to the info on this website (under the resources tab) Massachusetts is a Castle Doctrine state and has a stand-your-ground law. Click here for the law. Link Removed

According to the info on this website (under the resources tab) Massachusetts is a Castle Doctrine state and has a stand-your-ground law. Click here for the law. Link Removed

you just made my day :smile:

This must be something recent (as in the past few years)

I know for a fact that this was not always the case. I am glad you posted that though! Thank you so much!

you just made my day :smile:

This must be something recent (as in the past few years)

I know for a fact that this was not always the case. I am glad you posted that though! Thank you so much!
Thats why we have the States forums, to keep up with changing and current states laws. I'm always checking the SC forum hoping to see something new that I missed. :smile:

Here is a little more on what happened during the struggle.

Link Removed

By then the tussle had spilled out onto the front lawn. Keith Hoehn shot one of the men who had a pistol, police said. Wounded, that man ran away.
Then the intruder who initially had the shotgun charged Keith Hoehn.
Kellie Hoehn told The Dallas Morning News that she screamed at her husband, "Shoot him, shoot him, shoot him."
Her husband fired the shotgun and the man fell to the ground. Then the shot man lunged a second time.
"Well, I shot him again, and I guess that was it," Keith Hoehn said.

There was an article in the local paper today about the incident. Both BG's were evidently high on drugs. The aunt of the dead man said he had been in drug rehab but had recently gotten back on drugs.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back