Survival skill challenge

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
Back up that BOB/Vest and see if you can stroll 3 miles in 1 hr. That's all campers 3 little ole miles with 20-40 lbs of gear in 1 hour. Betcha can't do it! I can barely do it and it dang near kills me.

Get in shape now you ain't gonna have time for Pilates 6 months from now. I stroll 1-2 miles every day and am still working out the kinks of the vest and my bad back. If it is hurting me...I'ts gonna KILL you. Report back and let me know how you did.

Shouldn't be a problem My Backpacking speed is 2.5-3mph with a 60-70lb pack. Then again I enjoy this type of activity, we go on 10-15 mile trips when we backpack. That is a good test. It will definatly tell you weather you're in shape or not.

I am going to try it. I think I can. Up till the last few years I ran 6 miles 3-5 times a week. Course that was at least 35 lbs ago. I will let you know how this goes.

Well.......??????

let's see if anybody makes the 3 mile/1 hour std. for traveling with the BOB/vest

Put on yer big girl panties and get it out the door sunshine...THIS MEANS YOU!

CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All right ladies...

It is the weekend, I will be partaking of this chore bad back and all. I suggest you get out and try 3 miles in 1 hour with your bob/vest. If you can't do it then rethink your position.

MOVE IT SUNSHINE...DAYLIGHT'S BURNIN' AND YOU ARE SLACKING.

I love seeing the interesting things posted in the survival forum. Funny. I recently completed 12-miles with a heavier load in under 3 hours....does that count? We do it every 3 months or so.

It is the weekend, I will be partaking of this chore bad back and all. I suggest you get out and try 3 miles in 1 hour with your bob/vest. If you can't do it then rethink your position.

MOVE IT SUNSHINE...DAYLIGHT'S BURNIN' AND YOU ARE SLACKING.

I'll try it, but have to wait until the kids are in school--have to hike at their pace if they're with me. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Yes, That counts

I love seeing the interesting things posted in the survival forum. Funny. I recently completed 12-miles with a heavier load in under 3 hours....does that count? We do it every 3 months or so.
I am trying to challenge ordinary people to do something military/LEO types do on a regular basis. I would love to see more of us step up and start doing for ourselves health wise. It will only help us all out in the long run.

20 pounds of gear. 3 miles in 45 minutes. I walk with a cane. Let's go, people!

Survival challenge update

Survival vest update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have begun to work out stroll wise using my real world vest for weight and endurance conditioning. Curiosity killed the cat so to speak and I just had to know how much I was lugging around. I made sure the vest contained 100 rounds of .308 match ammo, a full-size service pistol (Baby Eagle .40s&w) and two 12 rnd magazines.

27.52 LBS of gear

Not bad for an old man with a bad back. (two failed back surgeries to pick chunks of disk out of my spine)

I am losing weight and building muscle.

I will never have full use of my back for running or lifting, but I will not be a useless sheep either. I know my limitations. I will be shedding a few more pounds to allow for greater mobility. The vest keeps every thing centered on my core. That means less pain and more useful outdoor time.

It is the weekend!

things to try

1. make fire without matches/lighter/zippo
2. make a shelter
3. purify water
4. look for local food (plants and critters)
5. practice climbing skills
6. practice first aid skills
7. practice orienteering skills

Let's see how you did and what you did well at.

things to try

1. make fire without matches/lighter/zippo
2. make a shelter
3. purify water
4. look for local food (plants and critters)
5. practice climbing skills
6. practice first aid skills
7. practice orienteering skills

Let's see how you did and what you did well at.

Hey, wait a minute, I didn't get the hike part done yet! Might be able to get to one of these this weekend, though, maybe more. Son is supposed to have a rock collection for school Monday and he just told me about it yesterday, so I think we'll be out and about tomorrow. Thanks for the assignments! :biggrin:

P.T., anyone?

if you guys are interested in military/police fitness programs, let me know and i will post some material and links and other info. the more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat.:fie:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back