Survival skill challenge question

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
How do you stabilize a patient with a sucking chest wound for transport?

Layer of cloth pad, sheet of plastic (zip baggie, store bag, trash bag, etc.), triangle bandage or similar to bind this all in place.

Layer of cloth pad, sheet of plastic (zip baggie, store bag, trash bag, etc.), triangle bandage or similar to bind this all in place.

Don't forget the 'tupperware burp' when you notice a deviated trachea or other signs of imminent or current collapse of lung (lift plastic during exhale, seal during inhale to assist in re-inflating).

+1 on the plastic

1. check the victim for other more serious wounds.
2. Dress the wound with gauze and plastic allowing the bottom to burp/fart on exhale(good job wolf hunter and starbased)
3. elevate the upper half of the body
4. treat for shock.
5. move individual to nearest treatment facility ASAP.

1. check the victim for other more serious wounds.
2. Dress the wound with gauze and plastic allowing the bottom to burp/fart on exhale(good job wolf hunter and starbased)
3. elevate the upper half of the body
4. treat for shock.
5. move individual to nearest treatment facility ASAP.

don't forget to turn patient on the injured side, so you can drain off the potention Hemothorax

Thanks guys. Sounds like some good information. Think I will make a copy of it. I hope I never need it but you never know.

My EMT instructor also recommended a glove with a finger clipped taped around the wound as a self-burper. Never had the opportunity to test but should be sound.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back