Survival Fitness. Does Fatty die first?

Fat or thin or just median, tall, or with short stumpy feet -- when it is your time to go...you'd die no matter what circumstances. I'd like to die in my sleep. No pain. ha!

True enough Mom. After a close call awhile back I had a number of discussions about death. I made a flip remark to a friend that I wanted to go out by being shot in the back in my late 90's by an angry husband. My wife, stone faced, asked "Would you settle for being shot in your back by an angry wife in your late 50's." After an extremely short laugh I moved on to another topic.

As an exercise program I reccomend the Biggest Loser Ultimate Challenge for xbox kinect. I have dropped 50 pounds since starting using mine and my fitness level has increased noticably.

The program starts with a fitness test and taylors an exercise regemin for you based on the results. you can exercise anywhere from 20 minutes to 90 minutes a session and you get a different set of exercises each day. there's even a routine for people who are already fit.

As for the survival aspect overall fitness increases your chance of surviving an encounter here and now let alone after the zombie apoccalypse

You shouldn't depick the Fattys ,they stand as a flag for food , you now were to look ! Thats not nice , I don't feel that they because of the wieght will do well !

I think obesity is a terrible disease that's really starting to take a toll on health care costs in America, and it's no one's fault except the fat-asses that are too lazy to exercise, eat right, and do something about it. If you don't agree, just go sit in a Walmart parking lot and look at all the fat-asses riding around on carts. It's even worse when you see an entire family that way. I'm 72, 6'2", and 203lbs. fully clothed with boots, 2 guns, and 14 rounds of ammo. However, I'm still about 5 lbs too much around the middle, and get short of breath way too easy. And guess why -- because I've become super lazy and have become a first-class couch potato. I'm already on a regimen of eating less sweets and other junk and starting to walk more. I want to lose at least 10 lbs and fix the shortness of breath problem. I understand that no one can do it but me. It's not easy but I'm gonna do it.

In a food shortage SHTF scenario it does not hurt to be the guy with a couple of pounds to lose...

In a food shortage SHTF scenario it does not hurt to be the guy with a couple of pounds to lose...

Yes and no.

What you don't want (imo) is to be the guy that stands out as being fat in a food shortage. As was pointed out in an earlier post, if everyone around you is losing weight in you aren't that's going to send up red flags.

I'm not fat! I'm under-tall!

Fat people are lazy. Lazy people find a better way to do what a fit person can do. So fat people get it done while still enjoying that glass of Bordeaux and a juicy steak with baked potato side!

Besides what if you break something while being the fit monster. The human body pulls from its energy reserves (fat) to heal itself. You're broke and now you don't have the fat reserve to survive until you heal. Me? I break something, I can heal and still have enough fat reserve left over to have enough energy to go find something else to eat! :crazy_pilot:

Without a doubt being able to do what you need to do in your everyday is important and being able to go a little bit above is always a good thing.

WHAT !!!! Man oh man speed , agility , endurance =strenght and your not that if you got fat deposites ! A little exercise will go a long way , so if the fat people fall behind leave'em and servive !

WHAT !!!! Man oh man speed , agility , endurance =strenght and your not that if you got fat deposites ! A little exercise will go a long way , so if the fat people fall behind leave'em and servive !

So you're saying my cat is strong? He's fast, agile and can run around the house at full tilt for hours. That makes him strong, or just a furry speed demon?

Wouldn't you know it....
Brain cells come and brain cells go,
but FAT cells live forever.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Link Removed
I signed up for an exercise class and was told to
wear loose fitting clothing. If I HAD any loose
fitting clothing, I wouldn't have signed up in
the first place!

Wouldn't you know it....
Brain cells come and brain cells go,
but FAT cells live forever.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Link Removed
I signed up for an exercise class and was told to
wear loose fitting clothing. If I HAD any loose
fitting clothing, I wouldn't have signed up in
the first place!

Too bad there isn't a "ROFLMAO" button!

This gal makes a lot of sense to me:
Who Will Die First when SHTF: A WARNING - YouTube

Personally, I can barely bench press anything, I'm 145-155 and 5'10", haven't done pull ups or pushups in years, and my hip starts acting up just walking around the block. In other words, I'm scrawny and out of shape. On the flip side, I can haul a dresser up a flight of stairs on my back, spend half an hour tossing my 1 year old in the air just to make him giggle, or strap a 40lb camera bag to my back and jog through the woods for a couple miles. I can forget to eat for a couple days (and frequently do), or polish off a large pizza in one sitting. Exercise bores me, so I never do it. But doing things is interesting. I hate going to a gym, but I'll climb a tree, hang from a branch with 1 arm and 1 leg, and hack off other branches with a machete. I can't do planks or lunges, but I can balance on top of a 1/2" wide cedar fence barefoot and fix the gutters.

Being able to survive has little to do with how many pushups you can do, or what you can bench press. It does have a lot to do with having a healthy metabolism, and the ability to perform tasks needed in a survival situation.
Go to the gym and run a couple miles on a treadmill, or chase a dog chasing a raccoon through a slough? Do 40 pull ups, or climb 20 feet up into a tree to get a bag full of apples? Get winded by jumping up and down, or play fighting with the dog? I know what I'd choose, and it doesn't involve rubber mats, sweat rags or TVs on the wall to distract you from realizing how bored you are. Besides, being able to fight a dog without being bitten is a GREAT survival skill, right?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back