Sure, this will stop the criminals

croute

Movie theaters to start checking purses & bags: Link Removed

My girlfriend get's po'd if I say I want to look through her purse, so I'm sure a lot of women will ask for their money back and go to another theater rather than let strangers search through theirs.

Yeah, that's sure to help. Would not have stopped any of the recent shooters. They'll do anything to keep from letting people defend themselves.

This policy isn't going over well here in the hometown of Regal Cinemas in Knoxville, TN: Link Removed. Note that Regal Cinemas movie theaters have always been posted, which also has been ignored by some that carry anyway.

This is a lot of "security theater" that won't do anything to provide actual security. This is also a lawsuit waiting to happen at so many levels. Are the bag searchers properly trained and licensed security guards? By performing bag searches for security purposes, the company acknowledges responsibility and potentially civil liability for security on its premise.

This new policy is likely motivated to increase revenue by screening patrons for contraband, such as soda and snacks brought in from the outside.

On Facebook, Regal Cinemas is trying to control their message by regularly deleting comments on the issue. Epic fail: https://www.facebook.com/RegalEntertainmentGroup.

I'll tell you what stops criminals...a bullet to the brainpan. Everyday as I patrol the floors of the mall, I see scum walking about, I see utter depravity, I see human cockroaches sipping their orange julius. It makes me sick. It's why I strap on high powered weapons and stalk my streets as a self appointed lawmen. For those of you who have given up hope, let me assure you, justice is coming.

That policy must be affecting ticket sales. My daughter and wife said they won't go to a theater if they have to be searched. We're not seeing anything in our local theater but I don't Believe it's one of the Regal theaters.

WHERE'S THE FEMINISTS WHEN YOU NEED THEM? Since men aren't being searched the policy is discriminatory against women. Where's Hillary?

Since men aren't being searched the policy is discriminatory against women.

You must be living in the past. EVERYone knows that men carry their guns in backpacks and women in their purses. :crazy_pilot:

That policy must be affecting ticket sales. My daughter and wife said they won't go to a theater if they have to be searched. We're not seeing anything in our local theater but I don't Believe it's one of the Regal theaters.

WHERE'S THE FEMINISTS WHEN YOU NEED THEM? Since men aren't being searched the policy is discriminatory against women. Where's Hillary?

That also points out that it all "theater" and not security. How many of the past active shooters have been women, yet they are searching women's purses. And who is going to be searching these purses, a 17 year-old with zits working his first job?

Remind me again why I haven't been inside a mall in decades......
I'll tell you what stops criminals...a bullet to the brainpan. Everyday as I patrol the floors of the mall, I see scum walking about, I see utter depravity, I see human cockroaches sipping their orange julius. It makes me sick. It's why I strap on high powered weapons and stalk my streets as a self appointed lawmen. For those of you who have given up hope, let me assure you, justice is coming.

Oh yea, now I remember....

I stopped going to Regal years ago because I can go to a independent movie theater for $6.00 a show and free refills for popcorn and they don't care what's in my pocket or hanging from my side as long as it stays concealed.

I had free tickets for Regal for some time, chose to use them last year to see American Sniper the day it opened here in Las Vegas. Yes it was posted no carry. Yes my wife and her friends bag was searched. No they did not inspect my hip. Made are way to the concession stand, ordered three medium drinks, and three medium popcorns with butter. Thirty six dollars! The theater was empty less then 5 couples. Last time in a theater for me! If I would have paid admission to get in, plus the concession stand I'm guessing total would have been just north of sixty dollars, what a rip off. I bought the DVD when it came out for $16.00, and have a large screen TV. Theaters are going south don't expect them to be around much longer!

Interesting - my gf and I been going to the $1 movie theater for years - they charge $1.75 now and $3.50 if it's 3D. And we don't buy stuff at the concession stand, so it's a pretty good deal. I just noticed a small 'no firearms allowed' sign after the Tennessee incident. I'm not sure if it's been there all these years or they just put it up. So... now I have to decide whether to go and carry anyway or stop going to movies. :crazy_pilot:

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back