Suggest low cost handgun for home protection.

GLOCK!!

Sent from my LG-MS770 using USA Carry mobile app
A good gun, but not necessarily a good FIRST gun.

I carried my Glock 19 most of yesterday. I've been shooting probably since before some people here were born.

For somebody with limited shooting experience and less desire to be actively involved in shooting than many here, the S&W M&P revolver I got from R.M. Vivas a few years ago would be a MUCH better choice. It's missing much of its finish, but it functions PERFECTLY and it cost me little if anything more than the execrable Hi Point. Loaded with the Federal .38 Special "FBI" Load, it's going to stop most LIKELY home-defense threats.

Hi points and Taurus are for the occasional shorter as discussed but their tolerances and quality are sub par. Lifetime warranty doesn't do much good for keeping having to send it to the factory.
Even shoot magazines bag on the hi point for jamming issues and poor range tests.

Like someone said before "buy quality, cry once." Any gun can jam or break but higher quality guns are designed for 50,000 rounds with less than 10 failures or jams for the military with proper cleaning and maintenance.

Get yourself a double barrel shotgun walk out on the balcony and fire three shots in the air and that should take care of your problem

Link Removed

Link Removed

Ruger SR40C carry format has 9+1 (9mm has 10+1) Spare magazine carries 15 (9mm carries 17) can be bought for about $400.. or less BNIB

I know I'm going to get my cyber ass laughed at but in terms of price. I would have to say either the high point 9mm, or 45. I don't currently own a high point but I have used them, great gun when you consider their price verses a glock, or ruger or s&w. Or my current home protection gun which is a JA9 made by jimenez Arms. Both American made and both can be had for under $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those who suggested training and trying different guns are right on. One has to decide between revolver and semi-auto. As pointed out by some, a revolver is easier to use especially if one doesn't keep up on their practice. Since it is for home, I would use a full size handgun. Smaller ones are harder to use well. S&W, Ruger, revolvers certainly. Taurus and, less so, Charter Arms are okay. Many semi-autos are available at reasonable prices. Glock, S&W M&P's, Springfield XD's are all good guns. Here, again, full sized. Personally, for a full sized striker fired handgun I love my S&W M&P 9. Shoots well, it's reliable, holds 17 rounds, and the recoil is very manageable. I compete with it and have no problems. Someone mentioned S&W's SD9VE. Very reasonable price. The trigger is somewhat problematic but serviceable.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back