Subcompact Glock?

umpaloompa

I am looking for a subcompact glock that has a tac rail and I would prefer either; 9mm, .40, or .45. I dont know if Glock even makes them but if you know of a link or anything that might help me find one for my purchase, please post it! Thanks guys!

I am looking for a subcompact glock that has a tac rail and I would prefer either; 9mm, .40, or .45. I dont know if Glock even makes them but if you know of a link or anything that might help me find one for my purchase, please post it! Thanks guys!

I can't think of any of the sub compact models that have a tac rail. There may be folks out there who can attach an accessory rail for you. Don't think it would work too well on a sub compact though. I thought of mounting a light on my G 27, but abandoned the idea after a few experiments with double stick mounting tape. I found that the gun felt unbalanced and uncomfortable to shoot. I ended up purchasing a G 23. Feels a lot better, and easier to shoot.

gf

I actually just found a link that has a Subcompact glock with a tac rail but its in .45 and I dont know how much recoil a .45 would have in a subcompact model....

Here is the link I found.
Glock Model 30 Subcompact Small Frame Pistol PF3050101, 45 ACP, 3.78 in, Polymer Grip, Black Finish

Most Glocks have the standard accessory rail. I thought you were talking about a picatinny rail, which is now coming out on some G21SF's, but it's not a subcompact. I have a G30. Recoil is quite manageable. I have no complaints at all.

Last edited:
My Sub compact Taurus PT-145 is very comfortable to shoot, totally reliable, and has a rail. Plus retails for less than $400.00.:pleasantry:

Most Glocks have the standard accessory rail. I thought you were talking about a picatinny rail, which is now coming out on some G21SF's, but it's not a subcompact. I have a G30. Recoil is quite manageable. I have no complaints at all.

When you say the recoil is managable, how much recoil are we talking about?

A plastic frame 45 is the same regardless of brand when it comes to recoil. The only difference between my Taurus and a Glock is the Taurus has a more ergonomically shaped grip. Not that big of a deal when your talking shootability. I am not an exceptionally strong person and can easily center group triple taps at 15'. More than easily manageable for self defense.

A plastic frame 45 is the same regardless of brand when it comes to recoil. The only difference between my Taurus and a Glock is the Taurus has a more ergonomically shaped grip. Not that big of a deal when your talking shootability. I am not an exceptionally strong person and can easily center group triple taps at 15'. More than easily manageable for self defense.

Yea I am a shorter guy with smaller hands (5"6) and I havent been able to fire the Glock 30. So I dont know how comfortable it is to shoot. But thank you for your input! If you think its managable then great! I think I made up my mind! Is there anything else I should think about before purchasing my pistol?

When you say the recoil is managable, how much recoil are we talking about?

I'm 6' with rather large hands. It's hard to say how much is too much. It's all relative. I rapid fired ten rounds the other day at 15 feet and they all hit center mass. I think the recoil on the G30 is no more than my wifes Kahr CW9. It's a 9mm but a much smaller frame. On the other hand, the G30 is a bit more than my PT92 which is full size stainless 9mm.

I love my G30 now. When I first got it I thought it was too "fat" and really wanted a thinner .45. When Glock came out with the G36 (single stack .45) I ran out to buy one but on handling it thought it was too thin. It's a matter of what you get used to.

I shoot better with my G30 than I do with my Sig P220 about half the time and about the same most of the rest of the time. I think it is a "better" recoil than with my G26 (9mm) because I find the 9mm to be a sharper recoil than .45.

I recently added a G27 (.40 cal) to my collection. It's exactly the same size as the G26 (9mm). I have only shot it a little so far but didn't find the recoil unmanageable. I'm going to the gun show this coming weekend and hope to pick up some .40 cal ammo and spend some more time shooting it.

Sub Compact Glock

I'm a big fan of Glocks...I have a G30 and G22.....but you may also want to check out the M&P line from Smith & Wesson. I was about to buy a G26, when I saw the M&P 9C, with tac rail and I fell in love with it! Great gun.

Surfcc

I'm a big fan of Glocks...I have a G30 and G22.....but you may also want to check out the M&P line from Smith & Wesson. I was about to buy a G26, when I saw the M&P 9C, with tac rail and I fell in love with it! Great gun.

Surfcc

I've fired many models of the M&P semi-auto pistol. I don't like the trigger. That hinge in the middle feels weird when shooting and tends to contribute to "flinching". Other than the trigger, it's an overall good gun. The option to change the grip sizes is a good feature. I do like the fact that the pistol comes with the take down tool that has been incorporated into the design of the gun.

BTW, I'm still a strong "Glock Fan" though. :wink:

gf

Last edited:
I bought my 30SF on topglock.com with adj. sight was $520 plus 19.95 S&H.
It took a couple of weeks to arrive but the transfer was $20 Tran fee and $25 NCIS fee...
Looked yesterday and there were 30's for $511 plus S&H..
Great weapon ..Love mine

I tried both the 30 and the 30SF. I bought the 30SF because it felt better in my hand. Might also be because I have a 21sf.

Before you buy a 30, see how the 30sf fits.

(my 21sf has the picatinny rail, the 30sf has a glock rail. My Streamlight TL-2 fits both rails, but I have to change the tab - the streamight comes with both tabs, but it is a PITA to ahve to change. I'd suggest getting the same rail on both if you want to easily enterchange accessories).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back