Sturgis 70 years

crowsnake

Ok so who is riding to Sturgis. We are about a 12 hour ride from The Kansas City area. Leaving Sunday afternoon. Next Sunday that is, not tomorrow. We are tenting at Iron Horse Camp Ground. My husband pulls the little trailer so I get to ride free. We take back roads a lot and do not ride the interstate any more than we have too. Which you do have to some, or you would never get there.

Sturgis is on my "bucket" list but we won't be going this year. The Lovely Bride has a plan that'll take us from here to Sturgis, then on to Kansas City, MO to see my Son, then to Kingman, AZ to visit Friends, then back through the South to Liberty, SC where we'll be retiring. It may be some time before we get to do it. HAVE A GREAT TIME!! Take lots of pictures, and be sure to share them when you get back! PM me for my Facebook page if you don't want to put them here...and Welcome to the forum!!

A whole pack of my internet motorcycle friends are all headed for Arkansas from all over the country, most to arrive tomorrow/Monday.. I couldn't make the trip, so no chance on Sturgis either.. I was born in Rapid City, but moved when I was 4. I'd really like to make it up there in the next couple of years..
Good luck with the tent, they get some wicked Hail storms some years..

Viper has some Hail dents to prove that. They said it was the worst in 69 years. We are hoping to Avoid it this year. Not sure what the insurance Co. would say if it happened again. LOL.

I went a few years ago, and had a blast. If I rode, I know it would be even better! That's next on the list, after more money...

I went a few years ago, and had a blast. If I rode, I know it would be even better! That's next on the list, after more money...

That's one of the best things about Sturgis, it does not cost much.. Camping at Iron Horse 3 nights/4 days is $95 for the two of us. Figure Gas and Food, Then you have to have shirt money. LOL.

But really if you do not have to spend too much, we will grab a Roach Coach on the way up, cause we have to leave in the afternoon. I know usually the biggest expensive is a week or days off work. If you could just go and still get your pay check all would be great. :pleasantry: Now if you stay at the Chip you can go broke in a hurry.

Staying at the Chip is like going to a biker rally inside a biker rally.We have one around here called Hog Rock and there is Little Sturgis Ky, Both are about like staying inside the Buffalo Chip. We stayed there a couple nights last year and neither nights band played more than a couple songs. Their concerts are very expensive.. Would rather go cheap and spend our Money on riding around seeing the sights and checking out the area.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back