Student Suspended For Advocating Gun Rights

Here's an example of why to be cautious of bills like the "Veterans Disarmament" Act. This student was suspended and the college has ordered him to have a mental health evaluation.

Link Removed

molonlabetn

A good reason why the term 'gun nut' might be undesirable to use in the near future, even as a humorous term of endearment.

Let's start a new term... howabout place the insinuation of instability on antis, like: "Defenseless Whacko"

The best defense is a good offense, and we would be remiss if we ignored common terminology as a battle-ground.

ishi

A good reason why the term 'gun nut' might be undesirable to use in the near future, even as a humorous term of endearment.

The best defense is a good offense, and we would be remiss if we ignored common terminology as a battle-ground.

Excellent point, molonabetn.

I suggest the term 'constitutionalist' as a replacement. It allows the easy rejoinder "Why, are you against the constitution or something?". :cool:

HK4U

So the school does not honor 1st or 2nd amandment rights either. You would think a Christian school would know better seeing as how we have had the 1st amendment misquoted so manytimes trying to tell us that it calls for seperation of church and state.

Red Hat

"He's refusing (to have the evaluation)," Shibley said of Scheffler. "They haven't justified to him, or to us, the need for a psychological evaluation. It's a very intrusive way to regulate someone's behavior or beliefs."
Good for him! Maybe he can get some people fired for denying him his 1st and 2nd amendment rights! I might make a donation to "Fire" in his behalf! Crap like this must stop!

minuteman32

Let's start a new term... howabout place the insinuation of instability on antis, like: "Defenseless Whacko"

This is a reason that I am a "Civil Rights Activist", instead of (or, in addition to!) being a "gun nut"!

JC40

Jc40

Has anyone heard any more on this incident.I`m sure it will take a while to get to court,but i haven`t seen any updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zxclord123