Student Fires At Teacher, Then Shoots Self

KimberPB

Craziness! Would love to find out how and where a 15 year old got ahold of a gun. Glad he was not able to hurt anyone else.

Link Removed

LAROSE, La. -- A student at the Larose/Cut Off Middle School in Lafourche Parish has been hospitalized after trying to shoot a teacher and then shooting himself in the head, the sheriff said.

Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre said the 15-year-old eighth grader brought a gun to the school around 9 a.m. He went into an English classroom and pointed the gun at a teacher before firing a shot that hit a white board.

No one was hurt, Webre said.

Webre said in an interview on CNN that the teacher did not have that student in any classes. After firing that shot, the student called another student by name, asking him to follow him out of the classroom,Webre said. The other student refused.

The student with the gun then ran into the boys' bathroom and shot himself in the head, Webre said. The boy is in critical but stable condition at a local hospital, the sheriff said.

The school was locked down, and all other students were accounted for, Webre said.

"The rest of the student body is being systematically evacuated from the school to a staging area," Webre said.

Parents can call 985-693-8600 for information about their children. The students were brought to the VFW Hall once the scene was cleared.

Larose/Cut Off Middle School houses roughly 512 students in the sixth through eighth grades. It is one of eight middle schools in the Lafourche Parish system.

Very sad. There can be a lot of pressure on someone that age. No telling what was going on in his life that would cause him to try and kill himself. I know I would not want to go through that age again and I did it during the 1960's. I am sure it would be a lot worse today.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back