Streamlight TLR-1

rrc1962

Does anyone have any complaints about this light? I was looking at a Surefire X300 which is a great light when I came across the TLR-1. Brightness seems to roughly equivalent and controls are just as ergonomic and easy to use. The TLR-1 is half the price.

TLR-2 owner here... currently mounted to my S&W 1911PD, bed gun has become it's role... amazing light, laser needs to be sighted in yet (my own laziness)... personally i love it, can put it on my smith, glock or ar15 very easily and quick... i do like that the surefire seems to have a little lower profile sizewise but i wouldn't trade my TLR for anything as of right now...

Thanks guys. I just bought a new generation C4 TLR-1 on eBay for $98 NIB. Not a bad deal. All of the stores around here and even the gun show vendors still only have the 80 lumen models for around $130.

laser needs to be sighted in yet

You can sight it in without even firing a shot. Just adjust the laser so that the dot is hitting right where you're aiming when you acquire a good sight picture. That's how I do it when I switch it to a different firearm.

haha i know this... hence the laziness crack... i will someday...

EDIT: by the way congrats on the TLR-1, let us know how you like it...

Last edited:
I got a TLR-2, only used it at the range, seems really bright, I wouldn't want it shining in my face.

It fits both my G21sf which has Picatinny rail, and my G30 which has glock rail, but I have to change the supplied block that atteches to the unit. Not a quick change, so I just leave it for my 21.

Will this mount on any handgun? Say SIG?

I've used it on my P229. It does make a couple of small marks on the gun metal, but nothing a touch up pen won't fix.

Also, Streamlight sells different size spacers (or shims, I'm not sure what they're called) to engage the rail slots on some different models of firearms.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back