Straw Purchase

fuhr52

News from Fox on the Firefighter shooting. Guns purchased by neighbor for shooter. Again we have some nut job braking the law to get his hands on guns. That brings to mind someone else that aloud guns to be bought on a straw purchase. These guns where also used in a crime. Does the name Eric Holder ring a bell? :angry:

I think Bloombergs group going around to gunshows in non resident states buying guns for him would also qualify.

News from Fox on the Firefighter shooting. Guns purchased by neighbor for shooter. Again we have some nut job braking the law to get his hands on guns. That brings to mind someone else that aloud guns to be bought on a straw purchase. These guns where also used in a crime. Does the name Eric Holder ring a bell? :angry:

Here's the flaw in your argument fuhr52- the idiots running our government believe that they are allowed to do whatever they want and they do it without consequence. Heck, we re-elected most of them this last cycle- why wouldn't they do as they please?
OTOH, we, the lowly masses, lacking the money and power accompanying it, are held to an entirely different and much stricter standard that the government because we permit the practice by putting those who impose that hypocritical practice back in office.
Amazing...

Personally, the lady who purchased this guy his guns should be tried for accessory to murder or manslaughter. She put the guns in his hands.

Personally, the lady who purchased this guy his guns should be tried for accessory to murder or manslaughter. She put the guns in his hands.
Accessory? When someone is killed during the commission of a crime, the other criminals are charged with MURDER.

Irrelevant.

Does this apply if someone buys matches, gasoline, anything else? The person who causes harm, commits aggresson - that is the person responsbile for the evil. Who sold the tools for that evil are not part of the problem.

Irrelevant.

Does this apply if someone buys matches, gasoline, anything else? The person who causes harm, commits aggression - that is the person responsbile for the evil. Who sold the tools for that evil are not part of the problem.

Unless the buyer furnished them with the tools knowing the intended use of the tool, or knowing the person to whom they were providing the tool was prohibited from owning it.

As someone who works gunshows for an FFL, I can tell you that we take straw purchases very seriously. We'll deny the sale in a hearbeat if we think a SP is taking place, even if it's just to skirt the mandataory waiting period for non-CCPers here in FL. A couple of weeks ago at the Kissimmee show we denied a sale involving a LEO (they also have to wait if they don't have a valid CCP) who wanted his friend to buy him an AR-15 lower so he could take it with him that day. Most people are completely ignorant that it's illegal to buy a firearm for someone else (ATF allows for transfers between immediate family members, i.e. a gift, but that's it) and how seriously ATF takes it. There's no way we're going to lose our license that's worth several million dollars just to make a single, questionable sale.

If this happened in Washington State her only defense would be to say she bought them for herself and sold them to the SOB who shot the firefighters and in doing so did not know he was a felon or could not own a gun. I'm not sure about the laws in the state on private sales.

I'm all for her getting prosecuted if she knew about the SOB's past and willfully made a straw purchases. I think that once she gets prosecuted, then AG Holder and his cronies should also be prosecuted for doing the same thing, but 2,000 times. I'm really tired of the double standard...

That's right!!!Lunatics and criminals break numerous laws when they commit their crimes. So what is the antis solution? Make more laws that only the law abiding gun owners will obey.

When a Gov't subsidizes an illiciet act it's called International neogations. When a private citizen does it called a crime. Which side of illeagle are we suppossed to believe in in?

These loons in the federal government get a pass because they are democrats who are held to a different standard. Emotional euphoria of good intentions will always trump any law. Holder and his bunch broke the law and a border guard paid with his life. The people we elect to represent us don't care. They are more interested in handing out freebees at re-election time. The people that take the time to vote either have short memories or don't care as most of them get re-elected.

If this happened in Washington State her only defense would be to say she bought them for herself and sold then to the SOB who shot the firefighters and in doing so did not know he was a felon or could not own a gun. I'm not sure about the laws in the state on private sales.

I'm all fer her getting prosecuted if she knew about the SOB's past and willfully made a straw purchases. I think that once she gets prosecuted, then AG Holder and his cronies should also be prosecuted for doing the same thing, but 2,000 times. I'm really tired of the double standard...

She admitted to making a straw purchase. Apparently they were in the store together when she bought the guns. Laws like this are put into effect in lieu of other, more restrictive laws that would have a negative affect on the rest of us. She should be prosecuted because if this law is shown to be hollow and ineffective then the alternative is certainly worse. A woman buying guns while a man lurks in the background is a big red flag....so are whispered conversations, etc. It's easy to tell if the "other party" is there to advise the purchaser on what they (the purchaser) should be buying for themselves or if it's a straw purchase. Not only can the dealer lose their license but the salesperson can also be prosecuted to the same extent as the purchaser if it was clearly a SP. Whether we agree or disagree with this law, reality is reality and I'm not going to risk 10yrs in prison when I hear somebody telling the purchaser "I want that one and that one...".

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back