Strange ending to armed robbery...

KimberPB

Link to story here:
ksl.com - Surveillance video shows robber's final moments

CENTERFIELD -- A strange ending to an armed robbery in Central Utah early Monday morning left the would-be robber dead. Antonio Ramos, 42, was killed when one of the women working at the convenience store he was robbing grabbed his gun and shot him once in the head.

The two clerks were not hurt, but were obviously shaken up by what happened. It was just after midnight when Ramos approached an employee at the Walker's convenience store in Centerfield, which is located just south of Gunnison in central Utah.

The employees were closing the store for the night. One of them was in the back taking out the garbage. Ramos pointed a .22-caliber rifle at her and forced her back inside the store.

"He took her back inside the store and was demanding money. At that time, he had one clerk tie up the other clerk, and then he was trying to tie up the other clerk. One of the clerks, at that time, was able to get a hold of the gun, because he had set it down, and a fight ensued. And during that process, the guy that came into rob was shot, and it ended up being a fatal wound," explained Sanpete County sheriff's Sgt. Greg Peterson.

well thankfully that ended as it should. I tried to dig deep inside and feel pity for that guy and to tell the truth....I can't

From his name, he could have also been illegal. Try as I may to feel sorry for the guy, all I can muster up is a smile.

I'm not defending the BG in the least. But neither will I agree with your statement. What evidence do you have that he could have been illegal based on his name? Is it just because it's Hispanic? I think that's a very prejudicial and incorrect assumption.

Illegal immigrant or not, I'm glad he won't be able to commit any more crimes against the people of the U.S.!

gf

Illegal, Gangbanger or druggie I don't care as long as the BG gets killed and not a victim then it good all the way around!

Based on my name, I could be an illegal immigrant, but we bribed the Immigrations Officer with beads, blankets, knives and such.

Glad to see it ended in the right way. Clerk shot him in the right place, too.

Based on my name, I could be an illegal immigrant, but we bribed the Immigrations Officer with beads, blankets, knives and such.

My ancestors did the same. Ashamed? I think not. It the technology war had gone differently the Indians, oh! I am sorry, Native Americans, would have colonized Europe.

Another happy ending. I only hope that the ladies can quickly accept the fact they they are not at fault. The BG freely made all the decisions that led to his demise.

Heard on the 6 o'clock news that local LE has determined that the shooting was "justified" and the store clerk won't be charged.

Great ending to a BAD situation.

gf

I'm not defending the BG in the least. But neither will I agree with your statement. What evidence do you have that he could have been illegal based on his name? Is it just because it's Hispanic? I think that's a very prejudicial and incorrect assumption.
I agree, and an absence of evidence to the contrary is not an indication that a premise is true. That's a common fallacy used when assuming guilt.

Anyway, I'm glad that this incident turned out well. Definitely a reason to carry!

Heard on the 6 o'clock news that local LE has determined that the shooting was "justified" and the store clerk won't be charged.

Great ending to a BAD situation.

gf

glad to hear it wasn't anything other than justified. they definitely did the right thing.

I don't. That's why I said COULD have been. What evidence do you have that he isn't?

OMG, did you really ask me that? Unbelievable! If he was black would you say of course he could have been on drugs? If he was Chinese would you say that he could have been illegal? Just because he had a Hispanic name does not mean he's illegal. I have a Hispanic last name. I was born and bred in the good old USA. Am I illegal? Not on your life! Try again! This type of hate speech is a prejudice and is just a result of lack of compassion and education.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back