Strange ending to armed robbery...

I feel sorry for the clerks. Hard to live with killing.

I feel joy the earth is rid of the bad guy.

Ignoramus

From his name, he could have also been illegal. Try as I may to feel sorry for the guy, all I can muster up is a smile.

I suppose you would say the same about my name. You are just an ignorant moron. What does your statement have to do with anything? How are you relevant here? Its people like you that give American citizens a bad name worldwide!!
Just so you know, DESPITE my name I have not only managed to be in this country legally, I am also a four time combat veteran. Remember who is out there doing what we do and remember how many of us are brown.

NOW THEN....In spite of the moron...I say lets say a quick one for the ladies involved, that they manage to deal with the trauma of this incident in a productive manner, and that they realize (especially the one who shot the BG) that they did nothing wrong and are not at fault. GOOD JOB!!!
As for the BG...may God have mercy on his soul...because pretty much everyone else thinks he's a jerk!!

I apologize for my lack of political correctness. Illegals are a big problem here. If you were shot robbing a convenient store, I may in fact think the same thing, as would many people, but then it wouldn't really matter where you come from. You got what you deserved.

"Remember who is out there doing what we do and remember how many of us are brown."

As I said...I trust you're not out robbing convenient stores.

I apologize for my lack of political correctness. Illegals are a big problem here. If you were shot robbing a convenient store, I may in fact think the same thing, as would many people, but then it wouldn't really matter where you come from. You got what you deserved.

Illegals are a big problem EVERYWHERE, YES, EVERYWHERE! And they come from EVERYWHERE! To assign blame or to say that someone is illegal because of their name, or the color of their skin, or their sex, or political party, or anything else, is just plain prejudice. An apology is nice, sort of, but education and compassion is better. Saying that someone might be illegal because of their name is the same thing as saying that someone is a criminal because of the way they look. Tell me, what does a criminal look like? The fellow or the gal next door? Yes, that's what BGs look like. You and me. Maybe we can learn from and not do what the government does -- maybe as people we can learn NOT to declare guilt first, before innocence is proven.

I agree. I made an assumption and that wasn't right. I really don't want to get into a whole thing about illegals. I don't care one bit about race. If a person is here legally, more power to them.

"Tell me, what does a criminal look like? The fellow or the gal next door? Yes, that's what BGs look like. You and me. "

Actually, government officials and AIG executives aside, most criminals don't fit the clean cut, well dressed profile that most of us fit. Race has nothing to do with that.

Too bad they censored the actual gunshot that killed the SOB. He's dead and those gals are heroes (heroines?) Either way, I'm glad they refused to be victims! One less two legged predator prowling the streets.

Illegals are a big problem EVERYWHERE, YES, EVERYWHERE! And they come from EVERYWHERE! To assign blame or to say that someone is illegal because of their name, or the color of their skin, or their sex, or political party, or anything else, is just plain prejudice. An apology is nice, sort of, but education and compassion is better. Saying that someone might be illegal because of their name is the same thing as saying that someone is a criminal because of the way they look. Tell me, what does a criminal look like? The fellow or the gal next door? Yes, that's what BGs look like. You and me. Maybe we can learn from and not do what the government does -- maybe as people we can learn NOT to declare guilt first, before innocence is proven.

He apologized. Let's let it go and move on. Apology accepted.

Those ladies refused to be victims, great job.

Still, a life lost no matter if its the bad guy or not is a terrible thing. People make bad decisions and this guy paid the ultimate price for it. What amazes me is the way we value life, or, the lack there of. I hope the lady that fired the fatal shot will be ok and she is a hero for it. I think we need to value life more, period. It's easy to say yeah the bastard got what he deserved and initially I felt the same after reading the story but after thinking about it there may be a son that lost his dad.

Link to story here:
ksl.com - Surveillance video shows robber's final moments

CENTERFIELD -- A strange ending to an armed robbery in Central Utah early Monday morning left the would-be robber dead. Antonio Ramos, 42, was killed when one of the women working at the convenience store he was robbing grabbed his gun and shot him once in the head.

The two clerks were not hurt, but were obviously shaken up by what happened. It was just after midnight when Ramos approached an employee at the Walker's convenience store in Centerfield, which is located just south of Gunnison in central Utah.

The employees were closing the store for the night. One of them was in the back taking out the garbage. Ramos pointed a .22-caliber rifle at her and forced her back inside the store.

"He took her back inside the store and was demanding money. At that time, he had one clerk tie up the other clerk, and then he was trying to tie up the other clerk. One of the clerks, at that time, was able to get a hold of the gun, because he had set it down, and a fight ensued. And during that process, the guy that came into rob was shot, and it ended up being a fatal wound," explained Sanpete County sheriff's Sgt. Greg Peterson.

wow

A wise person told me long ago, "Don't sweat the small stuff," only to turn around and say, "It's all small stuff." lol

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back