Stopping Power or Surgical Accuracy

Good points, but in your first post you said this:

I like the power of the 45 but would like something accurate due to the lack of training

It doesn't matter WHAT caliber or gun you have if you can't hit with it. And not getting trained or practicing what you've learned won't change that.

I was concerned about a fair amount of accuracy up to 25yrds. Was that in a fight you'll most likely be gaining distance from your threat so if you start out at say 7yrds and side step out to, or past 25yrds, you'd better be able to hit a ducking and weaving target with out lighting up whatever is behind your point of aim(civilians,ect.). I know thats a considerable distance for self defense but you can't start a firefight and yell time out because your target is out of safe range. I'm probably just trying to be to prepared if there is such a thing. All in all I think the Kahr .45 was the wisest choice I could make.

So your telling me in texas you can keep shooting at the BG when the threat is over and he's running away?

Recap

Shooter57,
Of coarse you'd pull that index finger out of the trigger guard as soon as the threat was stooped. I was only say'n that if I get into a gunfight that I'd be using proper form, to constantly be moving and always gain distance while switching cover. So it is feasible to gain 10 or so yards (most likely not that much but)more than your initial distance.
And they, if wise at all, would be attempting to fire from cover thus needing improved accuracy.

David E,
I guess I meant that to be learning defensive pistol techniques it would be possibly more helpful to start with a bit more accurate weapon. It just seems like you'd get more out of initial training with an easily accurate gun and then step up to and practice those techniques with your big caliber carry weapon. Or does this sound like just an excuse to buy two guns.

guns

Shooter57,
Of coarse you'd pull that index finger out of the trigger guard as soon as the threat was stooped. I was only say'n that if I get into a gunfight that I'd be using proper form, to constantly be moving and always gain distance while switching cover. So it is feasible to gain 10 or so yards (most likely not that much but)more than your initial distance.
And they, if wise at all, would be attempting to fire from cover thus needing improved accuracy.

David E,
I guess I meant that to be learning defensive pistol techniques it would be possibly more helpful to start with a bit more accurate weapon. It just seems like you'd get more out of initial training with an easily accurate gun and then step up to and practice those techniques with your big caliber carry weapon. Or does this sound like just an excuse to buy two guns.

TexasGun, do we really need an excuse to buy two guns?

First let me say congrats on you new gun. Second any gun you practice with is more than capable of shooting well at 25 yards if you practice. If the BG is retreating he/they will most likely not be shooting back at an armed person,they want to find a easy victim and get away from you as fast as they can. If you were to shoot the BG at 20+yards in the back you would be the one going to jail, and we don't want to hear about a good guy going there for a bad judgement in defending theirself.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back