Stop recognizing state permits that don't recongize ours.

Wow i think thats what i was saying,i love 2 shop in vegas,But i'll b damed if i will go 2 the most violent city in the usa w/out my gun,And i dont give a rats ass about Tourism benefits because thats not where i make my money >>WHATS FAIR IS FAIR<< so screw nevada!!!!! When nevada ppl,are traveling through utah they can lock their gun in a case and put it in the trunk like we do when we visit there state!!!!
Open carry is legal for non residents. So no need to lock up your weapon. While I believe national reciprocity is the only righteous outcome, basing reciprocity on equal requirements protects the rights for residents. May not like it but we're fighting the influx from California. I visit Utah as often as I can and absolutely love it. If I could make a living there as I do in Vegas, I'd move my family in a heartbeat.

Because the 'good people of this state' have let the legislature run amok and pass such bad (for the people of NY) laws.

Either our permits are equal or they aren't. You can't have it both ways.
The good people of the state have done nothing of the sort. It's the good people of NYC (40% of the state population) that did it. We have no voice outside of NYC. And moving isn't the answer.

I think Utah should stop honoring permits form states that don't accept ours. I think other states should do the same as well. If this were to happen, then the only like 11 states that would recognize Nevada. I don't think NV will ever honor Utah or Florida again unless something like the above mentioned happens.

Attitudes like this reveal one's true colors. Either you believe in the right of every citizen to bear arms, or you don't.

Just because one state violates the 2A by disallowing non-resident carry doesn't make it right for another state to violate the 2A, too.

Being from Mi., we accept all RESIDENT carry permits from any state that issues them. That means that some duffus fron NJ that has a permit can carry concealed here. But if I go to NJ., I go to jail. IS that fair?

Being from Mi., we accept all RESIDENT carry permits from any state that issues them. That means that some duffus fron NJ that has a permit can carry concealed here. But if I go to NJ., I go to jail. IS that fair?

Do you actually know anyone in NJ with a permit? They are as rare as unicorns. Only 1200 people have permits out of a population approaching 9 million.

And to answer your question, absolutely not--it isn't fair. Blame the politicians but don't punish the residents, who can't even carry in their own state.

The Attorney General of my home state (PA) is beginning to add numerous restrictions now limiting non-resident carry, but I and most 2A-friendly residents are vehemently opposed to these actions. Why? 2A should know no borders. This is the constitutional right to bear arms. This isn't a game. This is about life and death.

New Jersey residents USED to be allowed to carry in PA with a FL permit. PA no longer allows that and has become more restrictive, like your own state of Michigan, thanks to our liberal, rabidly anti-2A attorney general. What a shameful thing to do.

Last edited:
" Blame the politicians but don't punish the residents"? Who do the residents blame? They voted for & continue to vote for the anti 2A buttheads. The majority of folks in NJ, NY,& Ca don't care about the 2A. If they did, they would vote accordingly.
Get rid of the anti 2A politicians, & You will get your rights back.

" Blame the politicians but don't punish the residents"? Who do the residents blame? They voted for & continue to vote for the anti 2A buttheads. The majority of folks in NJ, NY,& Ca don't care about the 2A. If they did, they would vote accordingly.
Get rid of the anti 2A politicians, & You will get your rights back.

I agree 100% with your sentiment--get rid of the anti-2A politicians.

Unfortunately, the pro-2A population is far outnumbered in those states. This minority is struggling... hard... and striving to make a difference. Please don't make their attempts even more futile or discount their valiant efforts. And for goodness sake, don't reward the anti-2A politicians and the anti-2A majority by continuing to restrict individual freedom for the 2A minority!

Last edited:
I'm not sure what I would do if I lived in one of those states. Move? Or just deal with it.
Watch a movie like HOODLUM or GOODFELLA'S, & you will begin to understand the anti
mentality. There is no difference to them when it comes to guns. If you own a gun or even
want one, you must be a bad guy.
Watch HOODLUM & you will see the begining of alot of our gun laws. The anti rationale
is stuck in the 30's.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back