Stockpiling Gasoline for SHTF Emergencies and Disaster Preparation

opsspec1991

By: Jacob Hunter

In 2014, Americans consumed and average of 374.74 million gallons of gasoline per day. That comes out to over 1.5 gallons per adult each day. In a total disaster situation where gasoline isn’t readily available, the shortage is going to take a huge toll on our way of life and could affect our very survival. For these reasons, many smart-minded preppers are considering whether to stockpile gasoline.

Here we will go over:
Should you stockpile gasoline?
How long does gasoline last?
Is it legal to stockpile gasoline?
How much gasoline to stockpile
How to store gasoline safely
Gasoline alternatives

Read More: Stockpiling Gasoline for SHTF Emergencies and Disaster Preparation

There is no such thing as a Zombie Apocalypse! Why? There is no such thing as Zombies! Your only fear is fear itself. People that fear dying, only fear what lies ahead for them in death. Not so with believers in Christ.

There is no such thing as a Zombie Apocalypse! Why? There is no such thing as Zombies! Your only fear is fear itself. People that fear dying, only fear what lies ahead for them in death. Not so with believers in Christ.

Good thing there is no such thing as natural disasters also. We definitely weren't out of power for 13 days once and 3-5 days many times, it was only our imagination.

There are lots of imaginary things that people are terrified of... Likewise your fear is irrational fear based on irrational folklore. Fearing the inevitable is stupid and self-defeating, we all will die, no other options available. And the fairy-tale of an afterlife... a mental crutch for those unwilling or incapable of the reality they too are mortal.

There are a lot of big storms that knock the power out for a week or two. Gasoline is good for at least six months, just pour it into your car and refill your five gallon containers. I also converted my generator to also run on propane which never goes bad.

Good thing there is no such thing as natural disasters also. We definitely weren't out of power for 13 days once and 3-5 days many times, it was only our imagination.
Wait till you are without commercial power for 5 weeks. Up at 0430 to fire up the generator so I could get ready to go to work. Get to work at 0530 and go to the Army mobile mess for chow. Then 12 hours of listening to a Detroit Diesel 12V71 powered pump and a 6L71 generator run for power. Get off at 1800 and go to the mess for dinner. Go home and listen to the generator run until 2200. Shut down and go to bed and hope that there would be no calls on the radio to go back to work for a problem. Repeat the next day and for 5 weeks. Phone service back after two months and our pumps at work went silent for Thanksgiving Day. 90 days after the Hurricane. 1994 we had a wet year where I got paid for 3500 hours of work. Someone was at work all but 30 days that year and we burnt Diesel fuel like it was going out of style. Our fuels never got a chance to go stale as the gas gen burnt 35 gallons a day and the equipment at work sometimes meant 6 semi tankers of fuel on Mondays.

By: Jacob Hunter

In 2014, Americans consumed and average of 374.74 million gallons of gasoline per day. That comes out to over 1.5 gallons per adult each day. In a total disaster situation where gasoline isn’t readily available, the shortage is going to take a huge toll on our way of life and could affect our very survival. For these reasons, many smart-minded preppers are considering whether to stockpile gasoline.

Here we will go over:
Should you stockpile gasoline?
How long does gasoline last?
Is it legal to stockpile gasoline?
How much gasoline to stockpile
How to store gasoline safely
Gasoline alternatives

Read More: Stockpiling Gasoline for SHTF Emergencies and Disaster Preparation
Don't forget to grab a bicycle.

"Zombies" is a meme used to help prepair for a threat without having to name any spicific threat. "Zombie apocalypse" might be local gang activity, another BLM riot, or a terrorist attack.

Back on topic.... I store around 80 gallons of gas for the generator. I have an 8000 watt genny with a Honda motor hooked up to the house. Should last me about 30 days maybe more depending on load. The refrigerators would be the largest load. I use 15 gallon pony drums with some 5 gallon cans mixed in. It is easier for me to fill the 15 gallon drums at the pump. Though they are heavier when filled it is more convenient for storage. I have a battery operated pump to fill the smaller containers.

Gas will store longer than most people would think if stored in an airtight container. This is the key. I have some gas that is over two years old and the genny starts right away. I avoid keeping gas in the genny fuel tank as this is not airtight and will start to go bad in about 6 months if not treated. I have a fireplace and additional propane heaters for winter.

I prefer gas because it is a common fuel source for the cars and genny. I know propane stores better but our cars do not use propane nor do they use diesel.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back