Statistics or facts on gun crimes by CCW permit holders?

WhitePlainsVet

Many of the uninformed or politically-motivated people argue that ordinary citizens being armed leads to "gunplay", just like in the old west movies.

Are there any solid facts, figures or statistics available that spell out just how many firearm crimes have been committed by ordinary, responsible & trained citizens that have a CCW permit?

Off the top of my head, I know of NONE but I'd like to be able to cite a source for real data to some of these people.

Thanks!

Many of the uninformed or politically-motivated people argue that ordinary citizens being armed leads to "gunplay", just like in the old west movies.

Are there any solid facts, figures or statistics available that spell out just how many firearm crimes have been committed by ordinary, responsible & trained citizens that have a CCW permit?

Off the top of my head, I know of NONE but I'd like to be able to cite a source for real data to some of these people.

Thanks!

I'm looking for the same information.

One thing you can do is go to the web sites for the various state Attorney Generals. That will tell you how many licenses have been revoked. While that won't tell you specifically how many were revoked for having committed crimes You can bet your "bippy" that everyone who committed a crime was revoked. In my state of Kansas for example only 11 have been revoked and 5 suspended. I don't know the difference between being suspended and revoked but I do know there are reasons for both which do not necessarily mean they committed a crime.

In an article written by Robert H. Boatman called "The Constitutional Right and Social Obligation to Carry a Gun" he states that according to the FBI, states with "shall-issue" right-to-carry laws have a 26% lower total violent crime rate, a 20% lower homicide rate, a 39% lower robbery rate and a 22% lower aggravated assault rate than those states that do not allow their citizens to legally carry guns. See more at www.ironwordranch.com

In an article written by Robert H. Boatman called "The Constitutional Right and Social Obligation to Carry a Gun" he states that according to the FBI, states with "shall-issue" right-to-carry laws have a 26% lower total violent crime rate, a 20% lower homicide rate, a 39% lower robbery rate and a 22% lower aggravated assault rate than those states that do not allow their citizens to legally carry guns. See more at www.ironwordranch.com

kinda hard to argue with these kind of stats... yet... look at the states who still don't allow carrying.

Anti's will argue with anything. It doesn't need to make any since. They are right the rest of the US is wrong.

I don't remember where I found it and I didn't post the web address,but look here in the forum in "Texas" and look at my post'good news about Texas chl holders' or something like that.It has stats for Texas.

I got printed today for my Florida CCW and the local (Winter Garden) officer actually said to me: "It's great that we get you 790 guys in here. Seems to be more of you every Sunday and that's just here in Winter Garden".

He then said something to the effect of wishing more people took responsibility for their lives and wished he could protect everyone 24/7 but, knew he couldn't. Then he walked me to my car and asked if I kept my gun in the glove box or the console (I didn't really answer) and told me not to worry about telling the W.G. LEOs about my CCW. They're all pro-armed citizen as far as he knew.

WOW!

HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP LOIS!!!!

Nearly 402 THOUSAND CCW holders in Florida!!! I can't believe we have crime here. I'm proud that so many FL people are avoiding becoming sheeple and practicing the 2A. AWSOME!

The Michigan State Police post a report annually concerning all matters CCW related. It's on their web site. The thing to note is that any CCW'r involved in ANY crime will be reported. It does indicate if the person was carrying at the time or not.

Just to get a laugh, I found this on the Brady campaign website.

Link Removed

The sad part about this is that they believe that it is okay to use a few incidents by irresponsible people to take away the rights of those who are responsible and law abiding. Kinda like their propensity not to differentiate between gun carrying criminals and gun carrying people who are law abiding.

I understand 90% of the (crimes) committed by ccw holders pertain to forgetting they are armed and carrying into gun free zones. Even a judge got nabbed for trying to enter a airport restricted area.

I just sent a message to the brady camp pain

I have these moments sometimes when doing something I think is right get's in the way of what I think is wise.
The following is what I sent to them:

I would like to inform you that your information is flawed.While it is true that some incedents involving CCW holders are reported,many of them are dismissed,and a large number of those that do not are incedents that result in no injuries.People that have CCW's are not perfect.None of them claim to be.They are people.Research the background of every single employee and volunteer in your organization.How many of them have commited a crime before,and after joining your organization.Statistical information form every state that allows it's citizens to carry weapons shows that they have significantly lower crime rates.Washington D.C.,which has the tightest firearm restrictions in the country also has the highest crime rate in the country.There is a reason D.C. is called the murder capital of the U.S.The facts show that none of the policies pushed by the Brady campaign have resulted in any lessening of crime.Don't call me a criminal without knowing me.By the way,what's up with Sarah Brady violating federal and state firearm laws buying a gun for her son?These laws apply to everyone but her?How is she above the rest of us?
In closing,I would like to state that we all,as well as you all,know that,in truth,gun control is not about guns,it is about control.Thank you for your time.

:cool:

Has anyone here tried ordering anything from the website Legallyarmed.com and not receive there items they ordered after you pay for it. No replys after emailing website about order and get no response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I smell a leftist troll, looking for issues, that for the most part, are nonexistent, given the numbers of CC permit holders. Surely, there are a bad egg or two in every bunch, including politics and internet trolls.

Could the OP have been any more insincere in his request? What about the hundreds of thousands if not a few million crimes averted by CC permit holders every year in this country. Is that not newsworthy enough to print in the MSM? Or, are the leftists' agenda not conducive to media bombing their smear campaigns with burdensome things like the truth, and facts?

The lives saved by concealed carry permit holders completely obliterate any "bad eggs" that are in any organization.

Go back to your rock, crawl under it, and take a few of your liberal miscreants with you. Begone, before I unleash the dogs of war in my pen and phone. I may assure you; you don't want to be the subject of either, or both.

kinda hard to argue with these kind of stats... yet... look at the states who still don't allow carrying.
Scarecrow, if memory serves, all states now allow concealed carry to qualified citizens. Illinois was the last to enable, and the corrupt political and law enforcement branches fought it tooth-and-nail.

Holy necro-thread, Batman!

And wow, revived with a totally off topic post, to boot.

To the original 2008 topic, Texas does the best job of putting out stats, see here: Link Removed
That shows CHL holders to be at least an order of magnitude less criminal than the general populace, and few of the crimes are violent ones involving guns.

Nearly 402 THOUSAND CCW holders in Florida!!! I can't believe we have crime here. I'm proud that so many FL people are avoiding becoming sheeple and practicing the 2A. AWSOME!

Can I ask where you found the stats on how many CCW holders there are in Florida? I tried to do the same for Indiana, and found this in Wikepedia:

"In January 2013, the Indiana State Police Firearms Section began publishing quarterly reports that show the number of active handgun licenses held by Indiana residents. As of the third quarter of 2013, over 1.4 million Indiana residents possess a handgun license, with about 20 percent of license holders being female."

And then wondered what percent that is: "The United States Census Bureau estimates that the population of Indiana was 6,570,902 on July 1, 2013"

As far as I know the census bureau includes children in their cound so these two stats don't jive for me. Assuming just a third of our population is children this would mean about 1 out of 3 have a license to carry. And if half are children... well, you get the picture.

Anyone know how to make sense of these two stats - I would think the census bureau's count and the State Police's would be relatively accurate.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back