Statistics on handgun involved crimes by licensed concealed carry holders

wrgarrett

Has any one seen any statistics on handgun involved crimes by licensed concealed carry holders? Either by state or nationally? I sure would like to see them. I suspect they are very low and should this prove to be true, I would love to shove them in the face of these anti-gun advocates. Who would compile and keep such stats?

I think the FBI would deal with that kind of information. I contacted them when I was in high school for a paper I was writing for my political science class. They were very helpful.

The only stats I could find were from anti-gun organizations - the violence policy center and the huffington post.

Last year I saw something concerning Florida. I'm not sure where I saw it but it said that well under 1% of gun-related crimes in FL were committed by CCW holders.

Here is the link for the 2009 report for Texas. It's the latest I saw on their site.

Link Removed

you tube had a vid on that i watched it not too long ago i don't have the link at this time but there have been cases of ccwp holders who have shot and killed cops and other people in criminal fashion ;(

You won't find any statistics at the national level because some states don't compile such data on concealed carry licensees. Ohio reports how many suspensions and revocations there are but does not collect data as to why the license was suspended or revoked. Sometimes revocations are for non-criminal reasons like death of licensee or moving out of state, so the number of revocations does not correlate with criminal activity.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back