State of Disaster question.

Canis-Lupus

Open question to USA Carry. Assume the governor of your state or the president declares your home/area, state or group of states a disaster area, reasons vary from natural disasters to terrorism or general civil unrest, etc. All those laws we learnt to keep us CCW legal citizens do what, gonzo? Yes it depends upon a critical breaking point, do or can the police, activated NG/Reserves still manage to maintain some law and order & we stay on our toes, or have they lost it all, ala Katrina, few can forget the unabated mayhem that followed that event. Or due to a future possible natural or man-made accident or terror attacks, those who get paid to protect you can no longer protect you, yours or anything you own, so assuming that no one is going to hassle U 4 packing & using every weapon/tactic at your disposal, do we just break down into a survival-mode, where the best-armed/organized live, and if so do we have some form of legal regress for our actions during that period when law is finally restored, or when all those CC cameras R reviewed and the complaints roll in and mass arrest warrants go out for anyone seen not obeying the rules of open to concealed carry that fit our states then surface to slam us? Clear chains of command if the pres and vice go down, poor speaker of the house! But do we rally to a lawful cry to try to restore order by the provisional laws of any surviving members of the senior government who are left, get deputized to enforce anything, or is it just one big messy rumble until the dust clears? A law or link would be nice, or some historic U.S. event where that went down and what happened later. I sure can't find one, and I know what my instincts tell me, but they may make me as bad as the BG's if my motives involve profiting from that SNAFU, not trying to assist in some form of restoration to a normal-ish post-disaster existence, (too altruistic?) or option 3 taking what I have and heading for safer grounds, where I may not B a welcome sight for those who I doubt will welcome the displaced, angry, hungry and armed masses with open loving arms. I know our founding fathers faced and beat that dilemma, but we ain't them and this ain't the 1770's. Waking up to find yourself in that predicament is IMHO not the time to start looking for answers to this very serious question, any takers with feedback valuable to all our patrons?

Canis-Lupus

What I am afraid of more than the lawlessness itself is where it will take us. I am afraid of what the bureaucrats Can and will do to us once the mechanism is in place. They will then have in place the means to their end. There are a few quotes on the subject as you already know I am sure.

Since March 9, 1933, the United states has been in a state of national emergency. A majority of the people of the United States have their lives under emergency rule. For 40 years (now 72 years) freedoms and governmental procedures, guaranteed by the Constitution have, in varying degrees, been abridged by laws brought forth by states of national emergency."
Senate Report 93-549 (1973).

"The truth of the matter is that you do have those standby provisions, and the statutory emergency plans are there whereby you could, in the name of stopping terrorism, apprehend, invoke the military, and arrest Americans and hold them in detention camps."
U.S. Representative Henry Gonzalez, August 29, 1994

Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government."
Dr. Henry Kissinger, Bilderberger Conference, Evians, France, 1991

Most people are clueless and do not consider any of the points that you have raised. Then there are those of us who do wonder what would happen.

I can only share my plan.

Having lived in Florida for the past 20 years, I have lived through many hurricanes. I actually lived in Homestead when Andrew ran through and can still remember trying to hold the front door shut. Everything was devastated and we were without power for quite some time. As we lived in a very rural area at that time, we did not have the issues related to looting and violence. If we had, the response would have been swift.

Today, we live in a very urban area. We have friends who live in a rural area that is about 30 miles from us. We have worked out several plans, including getting there on foot should the necessity arise. The area they live in has many like minded people, and would be a good community to be part of in the total breakdown of order.

We have determined that this would be a good transition area for us to get out of Dodge, and then try and figure out our next move. We are well stocked and prepared at this location for whatever happens.

I think it is important for everyone to have a plan on where they are going and what steps they are going to take to first protect themselves and their family until the dust settles. Then we can determine what involvement there should be further in the restoration of order.

Where I live in florida well in land the thought of globle warming might mean ocean front property. The event of social unrest my county is one of the most well armed. Mostly hunters but gun owners all the same.

10 or 15 years ago I laughed at the "End is near crowd". Now I am one of them! We have friends of the family who own a ranch in the mountains of central New Mexico. It is now well stocked with dry goods, ammunition, fuel and stove wood. We have put a hand pump on an old well that will supply all of our water needs.We will use the cattle, deer, elk,turkey and bear on the ranch for our meat supply. I pray that we will never need to use this, but if something happens I feel pretty good about how my family will come through. I know that some of you will snicker and thats ok. If you have not ever thought about what you will do if stuff ever hits the fan, don't expect to see any welcome mats in your part of the US from the people who have!

10 or 15 years ago I laughed at the "End is near crowd". Now I am one of them! We have friends of the family who own a ranch in the mountains of central New Mexico. It is now well stocked with dry goods, ammunition, fuel and stove wood. We have put a hand pump on an old well that will supply all of our water needs.We will use the cattle, deer, elk,turkey and bear on the ranch for our meat supply. I pray that we will never need to use this, but if something happens I feel pretty good about how my family will come through. I know that some of you will snicker and thats ok. If you have not ever thought about what you will do if stuff ever hits the fan, don't expect to see any welcome mats in your part of the US from the people who have!

I don't snicker. I wish I was as well prepaired as you.

Genesis 41:29,30
Behold, there come seven years of great plenty throughout all the land of Egypt
And there shall arise after them seven years of famine; and all the plenty shall be forgotten in the land of Egypt; and the famine shall consume the land;

Genesis 41:36
And that food shall be for store to the land against the seven years of famine, which shall be in the land of Egypt; that the land perish not through the famine.

That about sums it up for me as well. I used to laugh at them, and now I am one too.

No snickering. People should start taking this seriously.

Lets hope it is not sooner than we think. Time to get to our knees and pray.

Last edited:
canis-lupis, let me share this with you

A good example of what you are looking for, i think, are the Rodney King Riots in Los Angeles. as far as myself, for reasons of OPSEC, i can only give you general info.
1. find like minded folks in your area and network with them. preferably with at least one in a rural area.
2. Start NOW buying non perishable foods, water and/or water filter medical supplies, etc you will have a edge due to your military background.Add to it.
3. read, learn, study, PRACTICE urban and wilderness SERE stuff.
4.make sure you store enough ammo for your weapons
5. learn h2h combat as opposed to sport fighting.

i live in arural area approximately 25 miles from the largest metro area. people here mind their own business. they have gardens, hunt, shoot , all that stuff. we are slowly but surely acquiring the things we are going to need when the crap hits the fan. and it isa matter of when. my personal beliefs closely mirror that of HK4U's
we are going to help our families and friends as best we can without endangering ourselves needlessly. mostof them are preparing as well as best as they can. the most important thing is maintain a proper balance. live your life and enjoy the gifts God has given. don't let this one thingbe your whole life. i know that you are not a religious man, and to notchange the subject, but now is a good time to make your peace with God if you have not. it can only be done through Christ. there are may good resources available on the net and elsewhere for the info you need. when you find a article or book online that you find useful, i suggest downloading it and saving it. an print a hard copy to keep with you in a notebook or something.hope i have been able to help.

Canis-Lupus wrote:
When we break it down certain folks who do have their bug-out plans high & tight, 95+% who don't will go after our gear to survive within the 1st week! History has proven that fact so many times over human history, not just in this long winded reply of self-introspection and (semi) logical thinking. Back 2 lurk mode :)

Yep, Mel Tappan wrote in his book on survival and preparedness that if you store up food and your neighbor stores guns, when the poop hits the fan he will have his guns and your food.

Always have ready access to:

1) A Bible
2) Guns and ammo
3) Water
4) Food
5) A lawyer
6) Somewhere in the boonies that you can get away to

hmmm...

canis, i believe Title 10 of U.S. Code allows for a call up of the unorgainized{!!} militia. also, nearly all the states these days have a home guard/ state guard organizaton . I served with the one in Texas for several years. we had a former member of The S.A.S. in our ranks. { yeah, i have some stories!} you might can join the one in washington. one thing i did forget to mention is maintain lowest possible profile. don't advertise that you are preparing and storing. hopefully, that will help avoid combat coppers and the howitzers! and unsavory people.

unauthorized salvage work?

bro, you can count on it!!! get wet{ NO SAND!!} STAY WET AND STAY S-A-F-E!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back